Wink Example Data Feed
    Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone would be generous enough to provide a sample data feed from a "high end" merchant, such as Nordstrom, Macy's, or Bloomingdales?

I am a new affiliate, and since my site is not live yet, I can not sign up for the data feed options with LS and CJ until it is. Problem is, my engineer needs to understand how to work with the feeds, before we start spending money and building the site.

Understanding the feed attributes will essentially make or break our idea. We already have an FTP account set up, and would love some advice and or samples!

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrissmith11
    Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone would be generous enough to provide a sample data feed from a "high end" merchant, such as Nordstrom, Macy's, or Bloomingdales?

I am a new affiliate, and since my site is not live yet, I can not sign up for the data feed options with LS and CJ until it is. Problem is, my engineer needs to understand how to work with the feeds, before we start spending money and building the site.

Understanding the feed attributes will essentially make or break our idea. We already have an FTP account set up, and would love some advice and or samples!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Well Chris,

Since your site is not live yet, I don't know if you can join Shareasale, but in SAS the datafeeds are free.

Since you want to know how to work with datafeeds, maybe you want to take a look at these two links first:

Building UNIQUE autoupdating bulletproof datafeed sites that sell By: Dirk Gardner

And

How to FTP and Import SAS datafeeds By: MobileBadBoy

Welcome to ABW.

You may find some sample feeds in this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=5517

Every network and merchant produces their feeds in differerent formats.

Some have a header line (or two) at the start of the feed to give you the field names. The fields are in different orders and have different field separators (eg pipe(|) comma(,) or tab) and different line endings (carraige return and/or line feed).

Some feeds are in zip or gz format while other are plain text. Some networks give you a choice of 2 or 3 formats.

If you use SAS, Affiliate Future or merchants own feed you will have to devise a method of adding your affiliate Id and/or the network tracking code.

To develop software to cater for all these possibilities is a time (and/or money) consuming task.

Perhaps your developer should start on the display end of the system using a standardised table (see Mr Sal's links for examples) and initially import the feed using excel so you can export them to your standardised table.

Bob

I second What Donk said....chances are good that you will have to tweak something for every datafeed you add.
    Thanks,
    Doug

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread