Question Question regarding exlusive coupons
    Hey everyone,

I am really new at all of this stuff, and I just spent the last few hours reading. Unbelievable how much info is on this site. But I am eager to get learning!

Anyway...my question that I still haven't been able to find the answer to:

So, just for an example situation...If you are running, let's say maybe a blogging style affiliate site, or even just a general coupon affiliate site, how exactly do you go about getting "exclusive coupons" from merchants.

Is this something that you would go about by e-mailing each individual affiliate manager for each merchant in every single affiliate program that you would be a part of? Or is there something more automated? Like a request link or process? If you do have to contact them individually, what do you say? Can a new affiliate do this, or do you have do have been an affiliate for months? Can you request a specific type of coupon (%age vs $off)? How long do these coupons stay active for? How often can you request them?

My apologies if I just missed this information, but please if one of you gurus could point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative!!!

-Mike

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I usually email the affiliate manager of the merchant I have joined and ask for a exclusive coupon code. Sometimes they will give you one and sometimes they won't.

In many instances, "exclusive" coupons are merely those that are solely for use within the affiliate channel. This means that you won't find them in a newspaper, store, or mailings. As for some of the larger coupon sites, they are able to negotiate directly with the affiliate managers to receive truly exclusive coupons that are available only through their particular coupon site. The bigger they are, the bigger the discount may be.

I am not trying to discourage you from asking AMs for exclusive coupons, but just don't be surprised if they end up giving you an "exclusive" coupon with a discount that is the same as many other sites. Once you have a proven track record with a particular merchant, getting a true exclusive coupon shouldn't be too hard to do. Just don't expect extra special deals like the big guys get.

-sfcom

Email the affiliate manager whom you're looking for an exclusive from and it helps if you can offer them more exposure in return on your highest trafficked pages.

Good luck!
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Don't hesitate to email the AM. I've seen plenty of coupon sites that can custom coupons for many merchants - It helps if you can get a custom branded coupon too (e.g. if your site name is ABCdeals, get a coupon such as "ABCdeals" or "ABC10-OFF"), as that increases user loyalty to your own site.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am going through this for our program with Register.com. We are offering generic coupon codes to top coupon/deal sites. I am offering exclusive coupon codes and receiving a lot of replies back. In order for me got get the exclusive code the affiliate has to put some skin in the game and post the generic codes. When I can see that then I put in the request for the exclusive and I keep them on my update list.

Hey everyone,

Thanks a million for all of your insight. I have carefully read all of it, and am going to pursue these eventually. You guys are awesome.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread