ABW Ambassador
    PID changed?
    Today, I tried to get a few links from of my merchants. On the "link detail" section, I noticed that my PID is different with what I have before!

I thought it was just this merchant's problem. So I checked with a few other merchants' links, they all showing the same strange PID!

What's going on? I have only one account with CJ, and I have had only one PID for years. How come all of a sudden my PID changed?? Is this a security issue that I need to be aware of?

I've sent a support message to CJ. Since it is late now, I don't expect to get any responses from them tonight. Maybe some of you guys can give me a hint?

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Do you have more than one website listed? Awhile ago there was reshuffling and the main websites got changed for some reason.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Do you have more than one website listed? Awhile ago there was reshuffling and the main websites got changed for some reason.
    I do listed more than one sites. Is that why? My sites are listed for quite a while. I never noticed that PID change before, although it could be because I didn't notice it...Thanks. It does make sense.

So for each site listed, we get a new PID?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    If you have more than one site in your account, then you are seeing a differenct site as the default PID. A couple of weeks ago they made some change that caused this to happen. You can change the specific site and PID with the dropdown box on the html page of each link. (you only need to change it once in a session)

If you only have 1 site registered, then I don't have an answer and you can ignore the above.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Yes, each site has a different PID.

Did I take that long to type that ProWebAddict not only answered but mayfly responded?

Each site has its own PID so you can track which sites make which sales.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    If you have more than one site in your account, then you are seeing a differenct site as the default PID. A couple of weeks ago they made some change that caused this to happen. You can change the specific site and PID with the dropdown box on the html page of each link. (you only need to change it once in a session)
    Ah, I see. The PID changes with different sites. I guess it is better for tracking purpose? Although I think SID works just fine for tracking traffic sources. I don't see the need for multiple PID. Just confusing.

I hope nothing will be messed up by having multiple PIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Ah, I see. The PID changes with different sites. I guess it is better for tracking purpose? Although I think SID works just fine for tracking traffic sources. I don't see the need for multiple PID. Just confusing.

I hope nothing will be messed up by having multiple PIDs.
    They have always had multiple PIDs - a different one for each site in an account. It really does make it a lot easier to see what sales come from what sites. Of course, if you have no overlap of merchants or products between sites, this wouldn't matter.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    They have always had multiple PIDs - a different one for each site in an account. It really does make it a lot easier to see what sales come from what sites. Of course, if you have no overlap of merchants or products between sites, this wouldn't matter.
    I have listed only my first site with them since I joined CJ years back, until a few month ago, I added a couple of new sites to my account. But I always get links under the old PID. That's why I never noticed their multiple PID function. I guess multiple PIDs does make it easier to track the sales from different sites.

Thank you guys for your quick responses. I should just came here ask before I sent CJ the support message .

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread