CJ or Kolimbo
    I previously had a ringtone business and CJ did a great job for me. I then switched the business to LinkShare and results declined.

I now have my second product that I plan to become an advertiser on an affiliate network. It is in the very crowded online dating field. I am considering CJ and Kolimbo. Both companies initial pricing is similar. CJ has all the big names in the business like Match and eHarmony. Kolimbo does not have an impressive group of dating sites.

I'm torn on whom to use. Any advice?

neither

use share a sale

Sometimes it makes sense to go where your competition is. It's kind of like a block full of restuarants - all benefit as all the customers (affiliates) come to the block. I do see a number of dating companies at SAS though they aren't the biggies that are at CJ.

The lead networks like Azoogleads, Hydranetwork, MaxBounty, Clickbooth also may bring you in business that you may not get elsewhere. You may want to try some "additional" marketing with them. Go with either CJ or Shareasale IMO.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

CJ has a more established publisher base than Kolimbo, and is a better value for the money. If I recall, Kolimbo's pricing was very similar to CJs a few years back.

I'd also suggest talking with AzoogleAds, and potentially running a test private offer scenario there. This way, you'll be able to work with their team to pick out the best dating publishers in order to assure the best quality. Azoogle has a pretty established base of quality publishers promoting dating offers from what I know, and they'll probably take less of a % fee than CJ.

Thanks for the advice guys. Any more suggestions of inexpensive places to get started like Share A Sale? I'll start with them then go to CJ.

Since you want to launch your own affiliate program you would want to go with the network with maximum exposure. Now CJ is much bigger than Kolimbo. Problem is there was a rumour lately that cj was going to stop taking on new affiliates. I think though that cj has such an established set of promoters that CJ are your better option. Just my opinion
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by niche
    there was a rumour lately that cj was going to stop taking on new affiliates.
    Really? Where was that rumor? That's the first I've heard of that.

If anything, I've heard just the opposite. They have new staff members whose sole purpose it to recruit new affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread