Using javascript in WordPress -- may not be that hard??
    I think I posted some questions regarding using javascript in Wordpress, but now I can't find the thread to follow-up in that location.

I just finished putting an eBay editor's kit javascript into a WordPress blog -- something I didn't think was possible and something discussed at the WP codex in all sorts of complicated, "geeky" language I can't understand.

Turns out, if I write the post in the code view, not the built in WP editor, and click the buttons to put the "<code>" tag before the javascript and the "</code>" tag after the javascript -- IT WORKS!

I haven't tried it in a WP page yet, but I assume it'll work. And I just assume it'll work with any legitimate javascript, but all I've done it with so far is the eBay editor's kit javascript.

Has it really been that easy all along and no one told me about it??
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I think I posted some questions regarding using javascript in Wordpress, but now I can't find the thread to follow-up in that location.

I just finished putting an eBay editor's kit javascript into a WordPress blog -- something I didn't think was possible and something discussed at the WP codex in all sorts of complicated, "geeky" language I can't understand.

Turns out, if I write the post in the code view, not the built in WP editor, and click the buttons to put the "<code>" tag before the javascript and the "</code>" tag after the javascript -- IT WORKS!

I haven't tried it in a WP page yet, but I assume it'll work. And I just assume it'll work with any legitimate javascript, but all I've done it with so far is the eBay editor's kit javascript.

Has it really been that easy all along and no one told me about it??
    Now that you mention it, I have a couple of editor kits in my blogs. The editor kits work for some reason, but I still have not been able to make the link generator / geotarget links work in wordpress. Has anyone been able to?

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread