Looking for the Rosetta Stone affiliate manager
    For the last two weeks I've tried to contact the Rosetta Stone affiliate manager but she's not replying to my emails.

This is the problem I'm having: I've tried to join the Rosetta Stone program on several occasions, but I get an automatic rejection. I can't find any reason for this to happen. We have a total of seven websites exclusively dedicated to language learning, they're all PR4, based in the UK and with an audience mainly based in the USA. We're currently promoting the Rosetta Stone software through amazon.com, but the CJ program offers a higher commission, banners and, more importantly, PopShops.

Can anyone put me in touch with the Rosetta Stone affiliate manager or tell her that I'm unable to contact her through the link on CJ? I'd be eternally grateful to you.

Thanks!

She's only gotten back to one of my emails ever, and ignored the other 2 or 3 that I've sent. I'll PM you with Lena's email address - Hopefully you'll be able to get a response.

ABW Ambassador
    Lena Huang's email address is listed in the Advertiser Detail. You might want to give her a call. http://www.rosettastone.com/global/affiliates

The OP doesn't have PM rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    The OP doesn't have PM rights.
    I was able to PM her without an error - I believe she's still able to receive PMs, but just not send them herself.

ABW Ambassador
    She won't be able to read your PM.

Joshua,

I believe you sent me a PM. Unfortunately my account on this forum is too new and I can't read or send PMs.

I was actually thinking of contacting other people at Rosetta Stone. I've found some contacts on their website. I thought perhaps them, or their shareholders or equivalent, might be interested in hearing that a potentially highly successful partnership like the one we're offering them is being ignored by their affiliate manager.

Snowman,

I have contacted Lena through the email address you mentioned. That's the worrying bit.

I'm going to see if I can email someone else at Rosetta Stone. Maybe they've got no idea of what's going on.

Rosetta Stone = NO SALES ANYWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Fernandez
    For the last two weeks I've tried to contact the Rosetta Stone affiliate manager but she's not replying to my emails.

This is the problem I'm having: I've tried to join the Rosetta Stone program on several occasions, but I get an automatic rejection. I can't find any reason for this to happen. We have a total of seven websites exclusively dedicated to language learning, they're all PR4, based in the UK and with an audience mainly based in the USA. We're currently promoting the Rosetta Stone software through amazon.com, but the CJ program offers a higher commission, banners and, more importantly, PopShops.

Can anyone put me in touch with the Rosetta Stone affiliate manager or tell her that I'm unable to contact her through the link on CJ? I'd be eternally grateful to you.

Thanks!
    Not sure I would put a lot of effort into trying to hook up with them. I have been promoting them for 2 years. In fact I have an entire site devoted to them as well. I have yet to receive the first commission. I stopped even looking at the stats any more. Frankly, I think something is rotten... My efforts are better served elsewhere... Good Luck
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Not sure I would put a lot of effort into trying to hook up with them. I have been promoting them for 2 years. In fact I have an entire site devoted to them as well. I have yet to receive the first commission. I stopped even looking at the stats any more. Frankly, I think something is rotten... My efforts are better served elsewhere... Good Luck
    Rosetta is a 5-bar program with a relatively high and steady EPC, so someone is making money from it...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Rosetta is a 5-bar program with a relatively high and steady EPC, so someone is making money from it...
    Yeah. Me.

As for contacting the AM, I'd try a battery of routes, starting with sales. There's always some salesperson just waiting to brown-nose to management - give them this wonderful opportunity to "connect" you.

http://www.rosettastone.com/global/contact

And of course, as a final resort there seem to be a lot of phone numbers on the site. And there's also snail mail, which is worth the trouble if this is going to be a lucrative opportunity.

Mr_C,

I'm glad to hear that someone is making money with Rosetta Stone. Well, I am too, but through amazon.com, which only pays me around 6.5%.

Yesterday I emailed RS support and they're now looking into the matter. I also sent a message to a RS press person that perhaps will be interested to find out that half of his job is being undermined by an affiliate manager who seems to be permanently on holiday.

If everything fails, I will use the snail mail. The RS stone website has a number of pages with the profiles of their top managers. No doubt they'll be VERY INTERESTED to know what's going on.

Airstrip,

I'm curious to know whether they're not paying you the commission you've earned, or whether a sale is still to show on your CJ account. Are you getting any clicks?

Hello Everyone:

My apologies to everyone for the delay. Rosetta Stone receives many inquiries every day and we are also currently restructuring the affiliate program. This has caused delays in responses. We apologize for the holdup and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Lena

ABW Ambassador
    Lena, as a long-time affiliate marketer in a niche other than yours, your program needs a lot of help if you can't reply to emails in TWO WEEKS. I don't think your apology is sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuper
    Rosetta Stone receives many inquiries every day and we are also currently restructuring the affiliate program.
    Uhoh, I bet it means I'm going to be doing some restructuring too. What are the possibilities:

1) They're moving to an in-house affiliate program.
    2) They're moving to another network.
    3) They're going to lower the commission.
    4) The affiliate program will be phased out in favour of in-house marketing/PPC.
    5) The eBay program will be discontinued
    6) The CJ program will be discontinued, the eBay program will continue.
    Etc., etc.

And some of those options probably mean some people won't get paid.

And on further thought, not responding to emails suggests priorities have shifted away from nurturing business relationships with affiliates, at least on CJ.

Maybe they'll finally clean up their search landscape and remove affiliate violators and resellers? Why are resellers allowed to bid on the trademark, but affiliates aren't (aside from one affiliate who asks "is rosetta stone a scam?")...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_C
    Uhoh, I bet it means I'm going to be doing some restructuring too. What are the possibilities......And some of those options probably mean some people won't get paid.
    Mr_C don't be so negative. Restructuring could mean that they're going to get a more responsive affiliate manager.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Mr_C don't be so negative. Restructuring could mean that they're going to get a more responsive affiliate manager.

-rematt
    Yes, yes, you're right, of course.

ABW Ambassador
    It just occurred to me that because you are already promoting Rosetta Stone through Amazon, that could be why your application through CJ was rejected. Maybe it costs more for RS to have affiliates through CJ than through Amazon so they may only want new affiliates through CJ.

In 2002, Dollar Rent a Car joined CJ. I had been a Dollar affiliate through their in-house program for more than a year but I wanted to go through CJ so I applied but my application was rejected. When I asked why, they said because I was already an in-house affiliate. I explained to them why I wanted to affiliate with them through CJ but they didn't respond. I don't remember exactly how long after that (maybe a year or so) that I was finally accepted. Maybe they decided to phase out their in-house program but the fact that they didn't respond to my request led me to believe that it was more cost effective to keep me in-house.

Now since Lena is likely monitoring this thread, she has the opportunity to refute what I'm suggesting if that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    It just occurred to me that because you are already promoting Rosetta Stone through Amazon, that could be why your application through CJ was rejected. Maybe it costs more for RS to have affiliates through CJ than through Amazon so they may only want new affiliates through CJ.
    I doubt that's the case. Profit margin when selling through retailers is most often less than the profit margin of selling direct, even after paying affiliates (due to overhead, mainly). When selling direct, Rosetta Stone also gets the customer information, which it would not get in the retailer channel, which can be worth a lot for future marketing efforts.

Being rejected for already being a part of an in-house program is a completely different reason (as why should the merchant pay 30% more for the same results that you were giving them in-house), and is a smart business decision in my eyes.

i used to get a few sales a month for them, but haven't seen any in about 3-4 months.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread