How can I get started in Affiliate Marketing?
    Hi guys, I just created and ebook. This one is not about getting rich online like most others, but contains valuable immigration if you have a specific legal problem and how to work it out.

I know this is information that a lot of people will pay good money for, I just don't know where to start from.

I have the ebook, I have a website, everything is ready. I would like to get affiliates to promote it. Most of the information I found online about affiliate programs are for people who want to promote someone else's products, and my case is the opposite.

How should I get started? Should I go with Commission Junction, Clickbank, PayDotCom or what?

Any tips to get the biggest amount of affiliate interested in promoting a new product? I've read that they look at the statistics for the best sellers and they promote those products (it makes sense after all). How can I get their attention?

Thank you so much for your help!

ABW Ambassador
    Probably "Clickbank, PayDotCom"

since they deal mostly in those type of products.

ZekeLL, affiliate marketing broadens your reach, but all of the techniques that we use are also available to you as a a merchant. Before starting an affiliate program you should start promoting your e-book yourself. You're going to have a hard time recruiting affiliates to promote an unproven product.

Even though you're a merchant and not an affiliate you can use ABW to learn the rules and techniques of the business. Use the search function and start learning about PPC, article marketing, search engine optimization, etc. Start building a clientèle and mailing list and when the time is right to start an affiliate program you'll have more to entice prospective affiliates.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    start learning about PPC, article marketing, search engine optimization, etc.
    Thank you! I know a lot about PPC, article mkt, and SEO. That doesn't mean that I know all about it and I try to learn a little bit more every day.

I will be using PPC, SEO and article techniques, but I figured that I'd be a good idea to have other people promoting my product too.

You don't think so?

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeLL
    I will be using PPC, SEO and article techniques, but I figured that I'd be a good idea to have other people promoting my product too.

You don't think so?
    AM should be supplemental to your own marketing efforts, not a substitute. It will be easier to attract productive affiliates if your site has some type of track record.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Great, I will follow your advice. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by goodyboo
    I suggest you start with LinkShare and find relevant products to promote.
    Your post is not relevant to this thread. Read the original question...

X

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Good practical advice from Rematt Z. Hey goodyboo, don't be embarrassed. We all have a brain fart moment when we first get started. Heck, I STILL have them - so not to worry. We'll cover your back!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

You should promote your site ; ezines, joint ventures, pay per click, search engines, ad swaps, etc...
    Good luck ZekeLL

http://weirdlifeandculture.blogspot.com/

start a site..i was told bravenet.com was good

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Hey goodyboo, don't be embarrassed. We all have a brain fart moment when we first get started. Heck, I STILL have them - so not to worry. We'll cover your back!!
    goodyboo was leaving his mark everywhere (other places on the net too). Got himself banned as well as all remnants of his leavings...

X

We just started wth ShareaSale their cheap, inexpensive and affiliates tend to like that network alot. See how that goes and then jump to the larger networks. I would make sure everything is ready to go for affliates before you launch ( graphics, landing pages, site review, the list goes on and on lol. Do a lot of reading here and ask lots of questions. Everyone is super friendly and more than willing to help you. Good Luck!!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread