I just got an email via CJ from CornerHardware.com asking me if they should move to linkshare. I was impressed that they were not just looking at the bottom dollar (they say it will cost more at Linkshare) but also how we felt.

What bothered me was there reference to many problems with CJ broken links. A company having problems with CJ wants to move? Is this an isolated thing or will others follow?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    I also received the same message from CHardware and no, I don't admire their procedure. After all, if they were having problems before (which I hadn't noticed) then WHY did they not send any CONTACT messages before their decission to move?

I can only come to one conclussion: they never cared one iota (note their extremely low payout) and they are only raising attention to their move to Linkshare hoping we follow.

I already wasted enough time. thank you.

I have also noticed an increase in other departures from CJ, starting most noticably with 11th Hour Vacations actually attempting to siphon people over to OneTravel. One Travel dropped the bomb on me by carbon copying my SS# to everyone on their contact list . . . but that's another story . . .

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    note their extremely low payout~Cyclone

That says it! They know they are not worthy enough to stay at CJ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I probably kicked off this PR move as I took their AM to task for very poor conversion ratio over the last 12 months. Their main competition, like Ace hardwares "OurHouse" program all went belly-up with crappy conversions at LS. I told them a year ago to verify sales every week with test purchases and jump on the opportunity to rule the hardware online marketplace. They were too busy to pay attention and treated it as a minimum expense advertising ploy.

JC Whitney did listen and learned here what makes a successful merchant for affiliates when their competition all went into Pud's Hall of Shame.

WebMaster Mike

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread