Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABW Ambassador
    Boot em Ron. I see some of those merchants posting here at ABW, they might help a little.

Ah, they got mine too. Expired ones

Great. Now I have a single site I can scrape for all of the coupons everywhere! LOL. J/K...I don't have a coupon site. If I did, I would be having some fun with this guy.

-sfcom

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Based on the frequency of these shady coupon sites, I guess these people have figured out it's easier to scrap everyone else's coupons than add their own.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    The bookmark deal is debatable. Not sure how that compares to:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...allet+bookmark

http://affiliatefairplay.com/newsblo...mmary/#more-20

I remember in the ABW thread I linked to, some disagreement on that one.

Sounds kind of the same. User has to click on it at the merchant site to see the deals.
    Last edited by Trust; April 8th, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    All should contact their network reps and expose this affiliate

Perhaps the Network Quality of the networks looks into this and takes action to STOP payments on this affiliate and investigate / terminate this rogue from the networks

ABW Ambassador
    Probably going to be up to the merchants if anything gets done with this type of thing. There are others like this one, more than a few threads about them here ( http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=84711 )and they're still in all the networks**. Think they'll pass it to the merchants. I see one of them being Metro Uniforms which I believe Ron takes care of that one, so that one will probably be handled.

** as far as I know.

You might want to check tjoos.com too. Same deal, not only coupons from other sites but a bookmarklet deal also. So we have those, retailmenot, ableshoppers, probably some more.

Was just checking, found Boddit.com which is kind of funny. See exclusives that Deallocker picked up from other sites, those exclusives on Boddit, with links to Deallocker for more info. And still trying to figure that site out. Looks like they have links to the coupon site they get coupons and deals off of but also direct links to merchant, I guess their own.
    Last edited by Trust; April 8th, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    I know some networks like CJ Network Quality for example, can remove the AFFILIATE altogether from the NETWORK.

Let us all push for this ROGUE AFFILIATE be banned from ALL NETWORKS ASAP.

Contact your NETWORK REPS and SHOW THEM THE SCRAPED CODES /CONTENT and MAKE THEM APPLY their POLICIES on this AFFILIATE

ABW Ambassador
    Saw another one, coupontab and they're using a script - http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...heCouponScript

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...heCouponScript

According to that thread, the script pulls the coupons from Bugmenot, which is Retailmenot which pulls coupons from all over the place, our sites being one of them.

There's lots more, I stopped looking. That's one the problems with the code type of coupon. It just gets out there, all over the place.
    Last edited by Trust; April 8th, 2008 at 09:28 PM.

I see this as very damaging to the coupon genre of site..

I'm appalled by this software - it presents scraping as a legitimate form of business. But most software platforms out there (Wordpress, Joomla, Pligg, etc) now provide standardized sitemaps & rss feeds - which makes them easier to scrape.

Anyone using this coupon script should be banned from all affiliate networks.

One more reason to make me question why I'm in this biz.

Sigh.

Notified site owner of 5 violations of our terms of service.

The clock is ticking...

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

I removed them from all of my programs awhile ago. They still have some of my brands up there, with every coupon they could find. Nice.

Correction: I just found them as an affiliate on one of my brands.
    They have been removed as of 2 minutes ago.
    Hey, here's a question: I manage 5 brands. If I find an affiliate violating the T&Cs for one brand, should I remove all brands from their site? I usually do, even when the other brands haven't been compromised. Most of the time, it's for posting unauthorized coupons. If it's for brand term bidding, then it's an automatic removal.
    Any thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    >>If it's for brand term bidding, then it's an automatic removal.

We agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Boot em Ron. I see some of those merchants posting here at ABW, they might help a little.

Ah, they got mine too. Expired ones
    Yes, I found this out yesterday and brought it to Anne's attention yesterday. I'm certainly not happy that others are using a special coupon I set up for her.

I recall reading some past thread where a merchant set special coupons so all commissions went only to the affiliate who had the special coupon and anyone "borrowing" the coupon would no get the commission. If anyone knows if that can be done at SAS, let me know because I'm going to set it up.

What really mystifies me is I have over a dozen coupons up for MetroUnifoms.com and serveral new ones this week, many doing great for affiliates, yet affiliates want to "borrow" an old coupon that's been around nearly a year.

Anyway, I'm on it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

By the way, there is more than just DealLocker doing this. If you have a special coupon code, type it in Google and see where all it comes up. I found several affiliates yesterday who are using other affiliates coupons.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "I found several affiliates yesterday who are using other affiliates coupons."

Yeah, there's lot of them. I typed mine in and stopped looking after awhile. There's just going to be more of it with all this social stuff and letting people add coupons freely to sites.

Super Cool Affiliate Manager IanBookMan's Avatar
    ok, as a merchant I'm in this.
    in fact when you click on the flamingo link in the 1st post, there we are.

now guide me wise ones as I'm just getting the hang of this.
    Do i shut deallocker down from our CJ program completely, or shut him down if he doesn't use his own coupons?
    or...?

Google Alerts works really well in letting you know when your coupon codes get posted. You can sign up to get an email each time the keywords that you have entered come up.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by guinness618
    Google Alerts works really well in letting you know when your coupon codes get posted. You can sign up to get an email each time the keywords that you have entered come up.
    That's great advice - thank you!

Ron re: exclusive coupon tracking at SAS.

There's not a way that I'm aware of to automatically credit affiliates through SAS when an exclusive coupon is used. You could potentially batch sales back to SAS based on coupon usage at checkout, but that has its own set of problems (double/split tracking).

The way we do it is to manually credit affiliates for sales that come through using their exclusive coupons (if they didn't already receive credit). Coupon use is fairly low on our site, so it's not much trouble to track those sales manually.

So for everyone using TFAW exclusive coupons, it doesn't matter who steals your coupon, because YOU will always receive credit when your coupon is used. We still contact coupon violators because they're usually breaking OTHER rules as well, but you can feel better knowing that their coupon theft is in vain.

Thanks,

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Quote Originally Posted by TFAW.com
    So for everyone using TFAW exclusive coupons, it doesn't matter who steals your coupon, because YOU will always receive credit when your coupon is used. We still contact coupon violators because they're usually breaking OTHER rules as well, but you can feel better knowing that their coupon theft is in vain.

Thanks,

-Dale

My dream man.

we're gonna have to start listing codes using those hard to read captcha things.

I have some SAS merchants who have automated the "truly exclusive coupon tracking", but I don't think there's any official documentation. It is doing done by some merchants, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast