Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Direct Deposit for Non-U.S Affiliates!
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and a ShareASale affiliate for a year now.

By now the only way I could get my commission payments from SAS as a non-U.S affiliate was by regular cheques, problem is that it takes up to 10 days to receive the cheque + $55 by UPS (If you want it to arrive safely...) and only then it take another 3 weeks for my local bank to partially deposit the cheque under my account...

I say "partially" since my bank claims it is not final and can take up to 2-3 months for a final confirmation.

Bottom line: My bank asks me to provide guarantees for these cheques till they get the final confirmation...what a mess!

Why can't we (non-U.S SAS affiliates) enjoy direct deposit as well...?

I contacted SAS support and one of their affiliate managers and I was told that at the moment they do not provide it, not even PayPal service, although they may consider that in the future.

I guess there are hundreds of affiliates like me with the same problem and my feeling is that we all need to ask SAS to provide that kind of service for everybody.

People like me make a living from SAS commissions - I really like SAS, it is excellent, but I just can't afford this kind of situation.

Well, hope to hear some comments from other affiliates experiencing the same situation.

Bye,

Jimbalaya.

Paypal would be a nice alternative..

I can appreciate the complexity (and cost!) of non-domestic wire transfers, as I'm in Canada, and even I've had issues with the same. I would think it's very cost prohibitive for the networks to take on international deposits, as they are just wire transfers, which carry excessively high pass-through charges from the banks.

Perhaps establishing a minimum threshold for Paypal may be worth it for networks to consider. It would certainly improve the flow of payments.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Paypal is not an option as I have mentioned here before unfortunately. Their service is simply just not secure enough to do any kind of mass payment through.

We do provide direct deposit to a number of countries (US, Canada, UK, Australia, EURO currency EU) and are adding more as we can.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Re: paypal, good point...

I see Jambalaya's frustration, but am also familiar with the costly issues associated with international payments!

Generally speaking, our expectations are so much higher than they used to be - we expect financial institutions to keep up with the instant worldwide communication we now enjoy, which isn't necessarily realistic

Guys,

It is very simple and unfortunately painful...if my bank requires 2-3 months for a final cheque deposit confirmation, I'll be quickly out of business...

I spend thousands on AdWords CPC campaigns and Google bills my credit card automatically about every 7 days, they don't care whether I get my SAS commissions or not...

B.T.W As far as I understand other programs do offer that kind of service for international affiliates.

I don't know what it takes for SAS to offer that kind of service, but I know I am willing to pay the $55 that I'm already paying for International UPS delivery of my cheques...

Can that help to move things forward?

Thanks,

Jimbalaya.

I wish they would do direct deposit to Switzerland. It seems they do the rest of Europe but not us and I have the same problem with it taking up to 6 weeks for the bank to process the cheque. At least one other network (cough cj cough) does do direct deposit to here and it is sooooo much easier and quicker. I've asked for this several times in the past and never even received a reply from SAS about it which is most unlike them.

Sue.

I see that Australia has direct deposit. I live close by (New Zealand) When will this be extended to NZ? It is really a pain for me too. Checks take 4 weeks to clear and 2 weeks to get to me.

Banks do business 2 decades behind unfortunately

It should also be noted that this can be a cultural issue. Some cultures treat cheques differently than others. In France it takes forever just to open a bank account, you need a hundred references, and cheques are considered as good as money. In Canada a bank account is easy to open and banks treat cheques more like IOU's until they're processed - unless the cheque is certified, in which case it's as good as cash.

Just as a side note, the cheques I receive from CJ are in Canadian funds and come straight from a bank in Canada. CJ has obviously established a relationship with this bank to make payments to Canadians. Because it's from a Canadian bank the cheque is deposited immediately with no holds placed on it. And I don't have to pay $55 for it either, as I would have if I had used direct deposit.

ABW Ambassador
    it would be nice if they could reintroduce paypal as an option... is getting more and more of use and acceptance here in europe

Outsourced Program Manager
    i have posted this before;
    I have used the following for sending and receiving money. NEVER any problems and unlike Paypal they dont hold your money or close ur account when they feel u have done something wrong.

Brian;
    check them out, i think u will find they are all very good and will cover most of the world for most affiliates for little money and accounts are free to open.

https://www.moneybookers.com
    https://www.epassporte.com/
    https://www.xoom.com
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

ABW Ambassador
    although i dont fully agree your point regarding paypal i have heard many issues with the service mainly from US and Asia...

nevertheless the more options the better let it be paypal or moneybookers

for epassporte i dont have any experience neither for xoom although for the first i google it and found some bad stories -no way to find if they are true-

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Another option would be something like a Pre Paid Debit Card that could be paid in the USA and then the funds could also be drawn overseas from ATM machines. A branded "SAS Debit Card" for example.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    yes this is a very nice option!!! as long as there are no monthly fees and the fee to withdraw funds is low

Outsourced Program Manager
    I have used xoom to send money to friends and the charge is very low and they can pick it up easily and theri customer service is great

Same with Epassport
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

The reasson they don't want to pay by PayPal i assume or any other online payment method that is connected to a credit card is because Credit Cards can be stolen to open an account on of the online methods, and those accounts can be opened even by a virtual credit card, or what so ever, thus it is open door for fraud or even terror use (funding terror organizations), while in a direct deposit or a check u need to cash that out and supply valid bank information and as all we know bank accounts are not as easy to open as PayPal accounts and that way they can know where the money is going while in PayPal the money is gone (since the information of the account is only verified by a credit card and not real identity documentations such as passport or SSN and the money can be used for false payments to disappear them)

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    PayPal does have a requirement of Validation where there is a charge to the credit card that is linked to the account.

If they are afraid that a stolen credit card is used, they could just make PayPal account validation a requirement for use.

Another simple verification would be for the affiliate network to do a test payment and ask the affiliate how much it was for since they get an e-mail with that info right away.

PayPal would make a good stop-gap while direct deposit is being setup since that seems to take several months to get ready.

Those who live in the United States should try to understand that cashing an international check in another country is not the same as cashing an international check there.
    Checks are not treated the same as cash here and there are long unnecessary delays while the bank determines if they like the check design, color, bank, country, and signature and that is AFTER depositing it.

It is very common that a bank will determine that there "is too much variation in the signature" meaning that they don't trust it because the dot is a little over on the i or the loop on the L is slanted slightly.

Well PayPal accounts can be used by the correct affiliate, they can be verified for the same country the affiliate is located in, those type of accounts can be bought online (already verified), PayPal accounts can also be verified by pre loaded virtual credit cards, all that doesn't verify if the name, address, etc for the affiliate in the network are correct, for that to be verified they send a check, that is related to the name, or a direct deposit, related to the name of the affiliate, while in paypal there is no such thing, cause preloaded vcc's can be used and even verified paypal accounts can be bought as well, i also know that master card debit cards can be bought in any store, you can login online, place your name on it and verify your paypal account.. too many holes eventually. the proper way would be using USPS fast mail with insurance and direct deposit to many countries as possible.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvertLabs
    ... i also know that master card debit cards can be bought in any store, you can login online, place your name on it and verify your paypal account..
    They can't be bought in any store here.

ABW Ambassador
    neither here can be bought in any store...

and i dont understand why there is so mistrust with paypal in the US

if you can't find it in a store, you will find it online on any webmaster's forum.

ABW Ambassador
    what are the fees involed and its very rare to find one for countries exUS.

i dont want to be arrogant -dont misunderstand me plz-... but we are NOT living/working in US...

The options that we work on involve direct bank deposits to additional countries.

It is highly unlikely that we would ever send funds through a non-bank such as PayPal, MoneyBookers, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    understood Brian, i am not going to debate it much i am sure you have your reasons... btw Paypal here in europe has a "banking licence" ;-)

Our number 1 priority is getting the money to everyone safely and timely.

Some of these services are great for sending $10 to a friend, etc... but as a mass payment system they lack backing and security. We will continue to add direct deposit countries as they become available... I would rather direct deposit everything if I could, so I am on your side on this.

side note: i thought switzerland was on our list... if it isn't i'll add it if possible.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

If I may suggest possibility of sending international payemnts thru SWIFT bank transfer, charges are minimal
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast