Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi All

I have a new partner program I am setting up. The merchant sells premium seating tickets for concerts, sporting events etc. Average Sale $300 - $400. Commish around 7%. Very similiar to TicketsNow.

I am trying to make this new program more attractive than that. TN offers a VERY small 1/2 percent 2nd tier commission. My feeling is that 2 tier programs are better suited for webmaster related products. I don't think that many ticket selling affiliates would be interested in 2 tier recruiting. Any ticket selling affiliates here want to give me your feedback!

I think I'd rather put money into 1st tier bonus incentives.

But then again, I"m not the boss - I WORK FOR YOU! So what do you guys want?

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

Assuming that's 1/2% of the sale and not of the 2nd tier's earnings ...

I always like a 2nd tier - there's always the chance of recruiting a big hitter and they can even out your own peaks and troughs.

Perhaps better that everyone has the chance of making something from the 2nd tier than the top x get a bonus?

As for 2 tier and webmaster programs, the problem there is that all your 2nd tier are interested in is recruiting their 2nd tier - no-body sells anything.

A relevant example might be Allposters where I have a number of sub-affiliates without especially trying to recruit them. The 2nd tier is enough to justify adding a "webmasters" link to the pages.

Of course, most sub-affiliates most of the time will do nothing, but that's aff mkting for you ...

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I would rather have the bonus. If I'm working hard and selling and get a bonus it makes me work harder for that program.

Kip

ABW Ambassador
    I rather have that bonus.

2 tier depends on whether the people you recruit actually sell the product. I have joined such a 2-tier program and with more than 10 people who signed up under me, I'm the still only one making the sales.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Bonus! Doesn't matter what kind of program. 100% of a bigger commission for me, is always going to be better than just a percentage of someone else's commission.

And like the others said, most 2-tiers don't sell beans anyway. Me getting 5% of their $1 or so isn't too compelling!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

My choice would definately be a bonus. The size of the bonus depends on my own hard work and not on anybody else and hopeful wishing that they do something.

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Bonus - Smart Affiliates don't recruit competitors!!!

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Great - your feedback re-affirmed my decision.
    Now off to sell the bonus concept to the merchant and get him off the 2 tier idea.

Thanks guys and any other feeback is still welcome of course. Your 2 cents matters to me.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread