HELP: Most Valuable Affiliate Tool
    Hi all,

I'm a relative newb to the site but a long time marketer and recently become an affiliate manager for a company trying to expand its business.

I don't want to violate any policies of the board but I will go far as to say as that we are an internet retailer of furniture.

We've built the program from scratch and with the the help of linkshare we've managed to sign up several hundred affiliates.

I've worked hard to develop deep textual links to all areas of our site, a diverse array of banner ads, a full data feed and recently introduced a flash video component for select products.

We try to maintain a competitive albiet flat commission structure (6%) and pushed return days up to 60.

Despite a fair amount of traffic we just don't seem to be converting. Is there something that we are missing?

What affiliate tools do affiliates find the most valuable, is it more textual, more promotional coupons, widgets like a deal of the day, diverse creative?

Thanks,

-Rich

ABW Ambassador
    Are you in Pop Shops? I've been using that a lot lately, very nice.

Trust thanks for replying. Yes, we recently joined pop shops and their holding our full data feed (13,000+) but haven't yet announced it to our affiliates. Glad, that it's working for you, I'll be sure to announce it in a newsletter shortly.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I was going to say popshops as well.

Do you mean your site isn't converting period or that you aren't getting affiliate sales?

The site itself is converting just fine but affiliate traffic just doesn't seem to convert very well at all. Granted the majority of our other traffic is search engine based but I would think that affiliate referrals from our data feed, textual links etc... would yield clicks of a superior quality.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I don't know how new your program is but you might want to read How Long Does It Take A Program To Start Producing?

Thanks ProWeb, that article was reassuring, I am fairly new to being a manager but trying to stay on top of things. It's frustrating when management wants to see results and you are trying to manage expectations....

I know there are no short cuts to success I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything major. We are working on a "Deal of The Day" widget, it is pretty much what it sounds like and dynamically updates with a new exclusive furniture deal.

I've been getting a lot of positive feedback from my affiliates about the idea, has anyone had any noteworthy experiences working with these types of tools?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread