Smile how do i effectively find certain types of products on clickbank?
    hi,

i was just wondering how do i find certain types of products to promote from clickbank. i am looking specifically for religious products (preferably christian), consumer electronic products, and health products. anyone know how to effectively find such products? thanks.

I'm not real familiar with Clickbank, but I believe that they are mainly involved with electronic downloads of e-books and software. For the type of products that you are looking for you need to join some of the other major networks like Share-a-Sale, Commission Junction, Linkshare etc..

Take a look at the main forum page and you'll see some of the other networks that are represented here. These would make a great starting point for the products that you are looking for.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Start with products with refund below 50% and a gravity over 20

rjcharley,
    Go to clickbank.com and click on marketplace and do a search to find the products you are after.
    bedeiah

You may have to dig deep to find the product that you are looking for at clickbank, but once you strike gold, you are in. Search using quotes as well if a broad search does not work.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Someone suggested this site to me as a great way to more effectively find products on Clickbank: clickbankprosearch.com. It's a paid site but there's a free trial you can check out to see if it's worth it. Checking out the free trial is on my to-do list, so I don't have any experience with it yet but it's something that might help.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 23rd, 2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Easy with the link drops

I can never find anything in the actual Clickbank marketplace so when I'm looking for Clickbank products to promote in a particular niche I use this free site recommended to me at another webmaster forum: cb-analytics.com. They're a free site where you can type in keywords for your niche and bring up full details about any product in the CB marketplace. Huge timesaver since CB's actual interface is so clunky.

Dan

use their search feature..

i stick with products that have a 100+ grav

might have to dig down a few pages though to find new/converting products.. look at the promoters landing pages and ask yourself if its something that would tailor to your customers.

some trial/error is required depending on your niche or how you plan on marketing the clickbank offers.

Clickbank's marketplace is divided by category and has a search feature. Health products have their own section. It's easy to use and works pretty well.

Charlie

Heya,

I'm new to CB too, and as a merchant I'm finding it quite hard to get my membership product seen in the marketplace. I've read a bunch of affiliate marketing material and might be naive in thinking most marketers apply thorough marketplace search techniques to find the great products, and find them early.

There are some valid points in this post, but my issue is this:

If even the most experienced of affiliates are only picking up CB items with a +100 or even +20 gravity, how will new products ever get picked up? The products with positive gravity will then always have positive gravity, and the new items (or those with <20 grav) will always stay in their positions, at the bottom. It's quite a vicious cycle, and whilst I do realize there are those smart affiliate marketers out there that search from the bottom up (to get in early before the product explodes and they find themselves competing with hundreds of others) is it just up to luck in the end?

That being said, Shay certainly makes a valid point in that products with a high refund rate (i.e. 50%) should raise flags as to the actual value of the product in question.

Cheers,

Rachel L.
    LogoMonsters Team.

There are many filter options provided to search for a product based on 'popularity', 'gravity', '% sales' to go alongwith the categories/sub-catogries option.

So, you can first filter your target area and then further filter with either popularity or gravity to find the desired product.

search tool in the marketplace

Logon to your Clickbank account and click on marketplace you will find a drop down box. From the box choose a category of your instrest, then type in a keyword of a product market you are interested in and click enter. You will be provided with the keyword related products to choose.

You can find out from google the market trend, competion, global search for the product to determine whether the market for the product is viable or not. Deselect any product that it gravity is less than 20% and refund rate is over 50%. Always do your research.

I have the new vendor problem as well. I've put a new program in a crowded category. I'm not sure how to rise other than becoming my own affiliate?

I'm also doing my own ppc campaign. Is it beneficial to run the buys through clickbank? Will that help my rankings?

FYI, this is NOT the best forum to get feedback on ClickBank; many ABW members consider ClickBank to be (at best) a sleazy operation with mostly sleazy merchants and products. When I advise merchants regarding their options for launching an affiliate program, ClickBank is never on the list of viable alternatives. And as an affiliate, I don't consider ClickBank, either.

I'm sure there are other discussion forums filled with enthusiastic advocates of ClickBank (most of whom, I suspect, are probably lying).

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    FYI, this is NOT the best forum to get feedback on ClickBank; many ABW members consider ClickBank to be (at best) a sleazy operation with mostly sleazy merchants and products. When I advise merchants regarding their options for launching an affiliate program, ClickBank is never on the list of viable alternatives. And as an affiliate, I don't consider ClickBank, either.

I'm sure there are other discussion forums filled with enthusiastic advocates of ClickBank (most of whom, I suspect, are probably lying).
    I agree with you 100%.

> "I'm not sure how to rise other than becoming my own affiliate? // I'm also doing my own ppc campaign. Is it beneficial to run the buys through clickbank? Will that help my rankings?" <

Just to clarify: you're asking if it would be OK to push non-affiliate sales through the ClickBank system in order to create the false impression that affiliates are earning money from your program? Is it okay to deceive?

Do other merchants do it? Of course they do -- again, there are lots of sleazy people using ClickBank (as merchants, and as affiliates).

Is it honest, ethical, or legal? No.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch

Mark,
    Thank you for your directness. I certainly agree that being lumped in with colon cleansers is not ideal. However since I am marketing an ebook, the other affiliate networks that I've read about do not seem to be a good fit either... unless I've missed something.... I'll continue to dig in here to learn as much as I can.

If there is another option you feel may be relevant I'd appreciate the pointer.

You say that you don't like being lumped in with "colon cleansers."

I guess that means you aren't offering a health-related product (for example, exploiting people's desire to lose weight)?

Guess which category I consider to be more likely to be sleazy?

Mark,
    Clickbank actually recommends becoming your own affilate and since they do payment processing running sales through them is a viable option... although others with more experience may have other options. There is nothing deceptive about either practice... I would just rather push through real affiliates.

And yes I sell a diet product as you may have gathered from my screen name.

The sleezy philosophical high ground may be difficult for any direct marketer to defend so I wish you good luck with that and will take your point that this is not the best place to discuss clickbank.

Hey, I'm new to a lot of stuff in Clickbank but I just wanted to know what your reasoning is for sticking to products that have a Gravity of 100+? If you could just specify, anyone actually, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Another Question
    Quote Originally Posted by msjudged_1
    use their search feature..

i stick with products that have a 100+ grav

might have to dig down a few pages though to find new/converting products.. look at the promoters landing pages and ask yourself if its something that would tailor to your customers.

some trial/error is required depending on your niche or how you plan on marketing the clickbank offers.
    Why do you only stick to products with a high gravity? What is your reasoning behind this practice?

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread