Angry Deactivated from Your Kids Direct Due to Inactivity
    I just joined their program probably less than 90 days ago. I haven't even had a chance to post any of their ads...and was deactivated due to inactivity. The email:

In order to most efficiently run our affiliate program, periodically we remove affiliates who are inactive (who have not generated a sale within the last 365 days). Next month, we will be removing all affiliates who have not had a sale with Your Kids Direct in the past year.

We would like to continue working with you and see you stay in our affiliate program. However, to remain a Your Kids Direct affiliate and to stay in our program, you will need to generate one order during the next 30 days.

Thank you for your partnership let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

The Your Kids Direct Affiliate Team
    So, yes, I was deactivated today. This is ridiculous (not the word I want to use). I've read so many threads here on ABW about the frustration this causes Affiliates. Apparently the merchants aren't listening. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Just reapply in a few weeks when you are ready. At least they approved you. I have heard of programs where it takes a person / merchant 1-3 month to approve affiliates.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Just reapply in a few weeks when you are ready. At least they approved you. I have heard of programs where it takes a person / merchant 1-3 month to approve affiliates.
    Does the fact that some merchants are unresponsive make it ok to deactivate affiliates who aren't doing anything illegal or against TOS?

ABW Ambassador
    Are you saying that you were deactivated earlier than the 30 day notice period? If not, I'm sorry but I don't really have much sympathy here. You were notified of their policy yet you didn't put their links on your site. If they mattered to you, you would have.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Does the fact that some merchants are unresponsive make it ok to deactivate affiliates who aren't doing anything illegal or against TOS?
    What do unresponsive merchants have to do with this thread?

A merchant can terminate an affiliate for any reason, even if they are compliant with all of the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman

A merchant can terminate an affiliate for any reason, even if they are compliant with all of the rules.
    If you read the quote I was applying to then you'll see. Perhaps you should be asking the person who brought it up that question.

Of course anyone can do anything they want, that wasn't my question though. My question was is that the right thing to do.

ABW Ambassador
    ProWebAddict, where exactly does it say this merchant was unresponsive?

As to termination for reasons other than illegal activity or a TOS violation, no, you didn't ask if it was the right thing to do. It's never "OK" with an affiliate when he's terminated but sometimes there are business reasons that the merchant must terminate an affiliate. And I speak from experience, so I know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to get into details but there are valid reasons for terminations when there was no illegal activity or TOS violation.

Snowman I am replying to Eric Ewe, not the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Bold=unresponsive merchants

Therefore my question was....

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    So to answer your question

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    You'd have to ask the person who brought that into the discussion.

ABW Ambassador
    This thread is about Your Kids Direct. It's not about unresponsive merchants that have nothing to do with the subject matter here. That's why I asked what I did.

Things like this happen when people derail a topic with their comments.

Maybe Paulena will clarify if she was actually given the full 30 days mentioned in the email, before she was terminated.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread