ABW Ambassador
    I am guilty of the following offense: neglecting my big performing sites while concentrating on my new ones. The big performers are no longer big performers.

I now have site updates "in rotation" in an attempt to keep the big sites big and get the little ones started. I keep a simple text file on my desk top labeled "to do". When I finish a task, I delete it. When I think of something new, I add to the list, though at the bottom.

It was so much easier when I just had one site...

Anyone do anything similar?

ABW Ambassador
    Along the same lines...I have a 2 page word document, 3 collumns, 8pt font ...too much to do, not enough time... & right now I have some contract work on top of all of my sites, so that's another list... I should just quit my j*b

FreeCallz.com

I keep my to-do list on my TaskPad in Outlook. Good reminder of those little details.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    I am terrible, I start one thing and then start something else while I am supposed to be doing the first thing. That means that I have a lot of things that are left unfinished

I do try to get back to those unfinished things though, but there alwas seems to be something else I want to be doing

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

cjshoppingnetwork- I'm with you. I want to get one project going, then I never finish and work another one. it's driving me insane..

Yep, my work style is pretty chaotic, but I like it that way.
    There is a degree of creativity involved in what we do, and that can't be measured by the usual 'efficiency' criteria...

ABW Ambassador
    I may be a bit dis-organised, but I must be doing something right. I am amazed, but I am maintaining an average of $100 per day this month in commissions. That includes today.

Is August the start of the steady increase up until December? Are more people shopping? My traffic has gone up quite a lot, but that could be down to better positioning and having more pages in Google.

I just took a look how much I made last August, and it was $15 for the entire month. Wow. I have made $800 so far this month. It is amazing how much difference 1 year can make.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    My problem stems from my neglect of my first affiliate site and watching it go stale while trying to pump up my new sites. I get preoccupied with my new sites and the big boy goes a couple of weeks without an update and sales fall off the truck.

When I update the big boy, things bounce back and then some. It seems like I have to keep adding/changing/updating the big boy to keep things going. It affects new sites, too. Doesn't make any sense, but oh well.

Retired Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is August the start of the steady increase up until December? Are more people shopping? My traffic has gone up quite a lot, ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed the same thing. More traffic, more orders. It's as if big brother turned on a switch right around August 2nd. Here's hoping for a big christmas.

Retired Member

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, looks like the Buyers are back a couple of weeks early this year!

Just in time to stop me from going insane! I just wish I'd bought my Summer Video Game a couple of weeks sooner than I did. I don't have it mastered yet but now it's time to start typing again. Although it's much more motivating to make pages when the people are back off vacation so they can *see* them!

As for a "to-do" list, hisssss...never, never! If I don't remember it, oh well, there's always tomorrow.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    I've made some progress on my to-do list lately ... because I've been hiring help!

So many ideas, so little time ...

As soon as I tick off something on my todo list I find 5 more things to add to it straight away. "just do it" has been my slogan for the last few weeks.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

I have So much to do, can't seem to get anything done. I had considered hiring an assistant like

Buckworks said:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've made some progress on my to-do list lately ... because I've been hiring help!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, If the assistant is smart enough to do the work, they'll also be smart enough to become my competition

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But, If the assistant is smart enough to do the work, they'll also be smart enough to become my competition <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly. How can you hire help, won't they just take what they learn quit and make their own sites?

ABW Ambassador
    The problem of the help potentially becoming competition is one that faces many businesses, but if you're afraid to get help when you could use it, you'll choke your own growth.

There's usually something you can delegate without giving away secrets. The help I've been hiring has been for tasks like content research or writing letters to drum up links; they don't get anywhere near the core tasks of planning and building pages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The help I've been hiring has been for tasks like content research or writing letters to drum up links<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhh... Don't let Leader hear you talking that content cr*p!

ABW Ambassador
    Quality content pages can be page rank magnets that give a nice boost to the rest of your empire.

I agree with Leader that in the affiliate game content is not king, but it can certainly be a good servant!

Quote from Seattle Times article:
    "Online sales in the November-December holiday-shopping months will jump 66 percent to $11.6 billion from the same months last year, according to Internet research firm Jupiter Communications. "

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I have a pad of paper and on it I list projects and under each project the tasks that need to be done, as I finish a task I cross it off (far more effective in the mind than deleting it from a text pad file), at the end of the week I can see what I have achieved, everything left is thn migrated to a new clean piece of paper and new items added....and so on and so forth every week.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Of course my problem is the exact opposite, if I ngelect my main partners, to focus on new ones, will their income get smaller !!! Or are the main guys so clued in anyway that I'm better off Not bothering them so that I'm sure they can get more sites up and focus more on the newbies

Or.....do I delegate and hit the beach.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

offtopic...

Chris,

Your "sigvertisement" is bothering me(my eyes). It's too much, and too red. Be more considerate...

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread