Disney Shopping Affiliate Program Lowers Commission
    the Disney Shopping channel affiliate program announced that it's lowering the base commission from 5% to 3%.

I hate when merchants do that. 3% that really sucks.

With the cost of gas (shipping) reaching record levels, I expect to [sadly] see more of this. It is either cut comms a little or raise the price of the product to the consumer. Higher priced product = less sales. I am not saying I agree with it, but as we move into new territory with oil prices things like this might just be both inevitable and commonplace. Prepare yourself. Diversify.

-sfcom

And as that result, many affiliates may sadly choose to jump ship and go with an affiliate program that offers a better commission structuyre for their hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    the Disney Shopping channel affiliate program announced that it's lowering the base commission from 5% to 3%.

I hate when merchants do that. 3% that really sucks.
    Wow, that's a 40% decrease in pay. I wonder if anyone within the Disney organization would like a forty percent decrease in pay.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I'm sure the higher price in gasoline is causing tDisney executive salaries to decline...LOL.

Their new terms:
    You may only promote discounts or coupons specific to the affiliate channel provided directly to you by Disney and/or LinkShare.
    Promotions found directly on the Disney website or from any other source may not be promoted and are grounds for immediate termination from the program.

Yet in their newsletter - D-Brief: The May Disney Shopping Publisher Newsletter they honor an affiliate of the month who is posting deals not compliant with the terms.

Free shipping on order $75+ on purchases using disney card
    Coupon Code: VISA75
    Expires: Unknown
    Click HERE To access Disney Shopping

Plus there are more there.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Their new terms:
    You may only promote discounts or coupons specific to the affiliate channel provided directly to you by Disney and/or LinkShare.
    Promotions found directly on the Disney website or from any other source may not be promoted and are grounds for immediate termination from the program.

Yet in their newsletter - D-Brief: The May Disney Shopping Publisher Newsletter they honor an affiliate of the month who is posting deals not compliant with the terms.

Free shipping on order $75+ on purchases using disney card
    Coupon Code: VISA75
    Expires: Unknown
    Click HERE To access Disney Shopping

Plus there are more there.
    I noticed the same thing. I actually recognized the name of the mentioned site in question from being a member of it a long time ago. Extremely hypocritical of Disney.

The whole thing seems in character for Disney given their March affiliate of the month......ebates.

Our March Affiliate of the Month is eBates.com. By working closely with us on promotions and ad buys, eBates increased their revenue over last year's sales and experienced very strong conversions with us.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    So is Disney subliminally telling affiliates that it's ok to disregard their agreement terms when it comes to only promoting coupons available through the interface?

Maybe it's ok to do this for merchants that are on Linkshare because it feels like many merchants on Linkshare don't have real affiliate managers that actively police their agreement terms?

Ok Disney. I can read between the lines. Wink. Wink.

ABW Ambassador
    It's not a Linkshare thing. Some programs give special permission to certain affiliates to do things that are not allowed per their T&Cs. That can be posting coupons, bidding on their trademarks or virtually anything else.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread