I was just spammed by an affiliate of Blue Dolphin. Does anyone know if they will actually do anything if I report this? I would hate to waste my time if they don't.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

cditty,

PM Tommy Boy (Tom Hennel) AM for them ... lets see if they will

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Chris -

Contact Tom Henell (THenell@bluedolphin.com - 508-358-6831) - he's been very on top of things when I've dealt with him.

I think he'll take care of the spam issue quickly.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

Thanks Haiko, thanks Shawn. Email sent. I'll post an answer when I hear from him.

Chris

Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

ABW Ambassador
    I will be interested to see what they say as I have had less than a pleasant experience with Blue Dolphin and spam.

But my issue with them was spam from them, not I believe an affiliate. Though I get plenty of affiliate spam as well, it seem they are loved by the regular group of spammers, you know luckyoffers, greatoffers somethingoffers or whatever that crop up every week to let me know I just signed up for more exciting coupons from them.

Chet

Update:::

I heard back from Blue Dolphin on 7/30 and was told they have a strict policy about spamming. I sent in the email that I received along with the headers that same day, but I have yet to hear back.

Now, as a person that was spammed, I would like a confirmation that the issue is being looked at and that the person has/had be kicked out of their affiliate program and all commissions lost.

As an affiliate that knows how some things work, I don't expect an answer as many companies refuse to comment on their actions. Sad to say, but this is business norm for most companies.

Tom? Any chance of getting a comment on this one? What happened to that affiliate?

Chris

Chris,

First of all, I apologize for any spam that you have received on behalf of Blue Dolphin. Obviously, our business model involves working with a significant number of email brokers. I am working hard to determine the appropriate individuals and process to address any complaints of spam that I receive. Here is our current process:

1)we determine who sent the email and ask that they have the individual unsubscribed.
    2)we ask whomever mailed the mail to provide opt-in info to the consumer.
    3)we generally provide that opt-in info to the consumer.

I have sometimes seen this to be a "grey area" where partners have furnished opt-in information that the individual claims they never provided. In addition, many of our affiliates are networks that then have affiliates working for them. This requires more details to determine the point of origin.

The bottom line is, we do not want to be associated with spammers and work hard to minimize such relationships. However, we cannot manage "being perceived as spammers because we utilize email as a marketing medium". We can manage, "emailing people who do not provide permission".

We are part of the steering committee of the NAI and the FTC Spam committee we dislike Spam and we try to stay at the forefront of Spam litigation and policing.

Please continue to contact me directly with any complaints, concerns, or comments.

Tom
    thenell@bluedolphin.com
    (508)-358-6831

www.bluedolphin.com
    for people who love magazines

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread