Can you create EPN campaigns on the fly?
    Do you have to manually create all the campaigns you intend to use, or can you just append them to the link and eBay will still track it to that campaign?

I ask because when I try that with link generator or when I dynamically append a new campaign name in my editor kit script, it doesn't show up...that is a real hassle if you have to do these all ahead of time.

As a follow up to this...in editor kit, the second to last attribute is 'track' and 'track' is the number of your campaign. So there's no way you could do this on the fly because you couldn't possibly know what number ebay wants you to use. The most you could do is change your custom id for that particular editor kit box, which I guess is a decent compromise.

Lame, though. Unless someone has another solution...

I created a campaign for each section of my site, and then proceeded to search and replace the old links for the new ones. I had no problem changing the track= from one campaign to another in Editor Kit, and the campid= in the URL links. The sid= (for editor kit) remained the same as my old links. I did have to change sid= to customid= for the URL links.

I had to create a new campaign for each section to begin with, but I only had to create the code once in and was able to use global search and replace. I finally finished replacing all 19,500 of my old links last night. And I have to say, I like the reporting from EPN and using the campaigns. At CJ I had to download reports and sort on the sid to figure out what part of my site earnings were coming from. Now, with the campaigns, I'm able to see exactly which sections of my site are producing income without all the extra work.

Well yeah, it's the creating a new campaign for each section to begin with part that I didn't want to do because of the way I wanted to structure everything. But I ended up using custom id's and prefixes to them for much of it instead and only 10-15 campaigns.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread