View Poll Results: Do you sub out any of your affiliate related activities (content, graphics, etc.)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance, I am 100% self sufficient.

16 59.26%
  • I do 75% or more of the work, with some work completed by others.

9 33.33%
  • I rely heavily on others to do more than 25% of my site's needs.

2 7.41%
    Your work or their work?
    Poll for affiliates only:

Interested in knowing if you do all of your affiliate-related work 100% yourself or if you sub some of it out to other people. This includes website and logo design, content creation, AdWords campaigns, webmaster for hosting, etc. The poll will not identify the members who vote. For the ones that don't vote, I can read your minds anyway...lol. Just vote.

Thanks,

-sfcom

I don't do much of it myself.. I'm just the idea generator.

I just got done with taxes and writing *&&*&*&&%$$*% estimated tax checks for next year. I wouldn't suggest reading my mind right now.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I am 100% self sufficient and I outsource work.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    About once a year I have some major technical glitch that I need outside help to solve, and MrsHound writes articles for some of my sites and for article sites for backlinks. I do the other 95% myself, so I guess I fall in the middle group.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

100%
    The only services I pay for are domain name registration and Internet connection.

X

To be clear, if an affiliate uses Joomla, Wordpress or some other CMS or blogging platform, the middle option would need to be chosen, right?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

It's 99% my fun.
    I did have my brother code a few scripts for me, but everything else I've done on my own.
    --

ABW Ambassador
    I had a friend who was a wiz at photoshop do something for me before. Also might need something done that requires the ability to draw really well. Will need to out source that, lol.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 212TomTom
    I just got done with taxes and writing *&&*&*&&%$$*% estimated tax checks for next year. I wouldn't suggest reading my mind right now.
    Describes me to a "T"

89.5% is my blood
    Last edited by Witzer; April 15th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    I think most of us started out doing all the work ourselves, and then as you get into it, you realize your time is better spent NOT doing all the things you don't like or aren't the best at. So outsourcing graphics or *some* content creation, or coding is smart for most people. Some folks *can* do it all, but most of us need to use programs from elsewhere (even if it is WordPress) and graphics from elsewhere (even if it's ClipArt.com) plus content from elsewhere (even if it's the merchants themselves).
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    To be clear, if an affiliate uses Joomla, Wordpress or some other CMS or blogging platform, the middle option would need to be chosen, right?
    Good question. I imagine there would be those who could argue either way on that. For the purposes of this poll --- if you use free, (not contracted or not outsourced) solutions such as a free CMS or free scripts then you could still qualify for doing 100% of your own work. Really, I was only looking to seperate the scenarios in which the work was paid. Sorry for the confusion.

-sfcom

I would have to say that choosing a third-party CMS (or analytics or other package), installing it, (perhaps customizing it) and managing it, would qualify as doing it yourself.

If you try to say that using third-party software means that others do the work, then we all have third-party software. How many of us write our own web server software? Our own database software? Our own operating systems? Our own device drivers? We use all of that on our servers.

No, the intent of the question (although not explicitly stated) is definitely asking about custom outsourced work where you're paying by the hour or by the project. Not pre-packed things.

As for me, I started 100% self-sufficient. It was a few years later when I recognized my horrible web layout skills and hired a third party to redesign the layout of the site and another third party to do logos and banners. That's probably 1-5% of the work, so I'm 95-99% self-sufficient.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    ...No, the intent of the question (although not explicitly stated) is definitely asking about custom outsourced work where you're paying by the hour or by the project. Not pre-packed things....
    Right---another example is when someone does PPC and they pay someone to implement/manage their AdWords account, etc.

-sfcom

Right on, right on. I think that's a fair definition - I just wanted to ask in case anyone else was thinking it
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread