I am just starting this, I have applied to a few affiliates but without an existing site, they won't give you a link. Do I just build a site with regular links to these companies and then apply to them one by one, or is it better to start with a basic content site and add from there.

New Jersey
    Hi Madddogsmom

A bit of clarification. You are the affiliate. You apply to merchants.

Now that we got that out of the way, you may want to work on a site that is something of interest to you. Once you become more experienced, you will be able to venture into areas where you do not have interest and still make cash. In addition, you should read this forum from top to bottom to learn about what type of links and how many to put up on each page. Too many different links on one page create confusion and the visitor will hit the back button faster than you can say whippersnapper. ABW has the info, use the Find feature to get what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi Maddogsmom

I agree with Akiva.. start off with a site about something that interests you, learn how to build a site using a software package, maybe frontpage - it's easy to use. Then apply for some programs and take it from there...

I read this book a few years ago, it doesn't tell you everything but it's an easy read to start off.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread