Vermont Country Store Program Ending - Leaving CJ
    Just received the email:

Dear Affiliate,

We regret to inform you that as of 4/30/08 we will no longer support our Commission Junction affiliate program. We made this decision based on a number of performance factors such as future growth, program profitability and new customer acquisition.

Rest assured we will pay out the remainder of the commission owed for the last few months in a timely manner.

We value the partnership we have had with you and hope you have a prosperous 2008.

Sincerely,

The Vermont Country Store
    E-Commerce Marketing Team
    Anybody know if they've moved somewhere else, or are they getting out of Affiliate Marketing completely?

15 years and counting
    Not at all. That's big news for me. I used to do good with them.

ABW Ambassador
    Rest assured we will pay out the remainder of the commission owed for the last few months in a timely manner.
    Does this mean they are a "few months" past due in paying commissions?

We regret to inform you that as of 4/30/08 we will no longer support our Commission Junction affiliate program. We made this decision based on a number of performance factors such as future growth, program profitability and new customer acquisition.
    Hmmm...wonder if they realize how much one "category" of affiliate, such as eBates and Upromise, have been impacting their program profitability and new customer acquisition. Shame.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Hmmm...wonder if they realize how much one "category" of affiliate, such as eBates and Upromise, have been impacting their program profitability and new customer acquisition. Shame.
    Considering they are just a 4 bar merchant, I don't think you have any basis for your statement.

ABW Ambassador
    old thread bumpage

So I guess they didn't open up anywhere else? Was just freshening up an old site and still had a couple of links up. I liked that merchant, one of the few places that carried my favorite candy bar of all time - http://www.amazon.com/Bounty-Chocola.../dp/B000JSLYV2 Major grocery stores used to carry here in the U.S. for a few years but not anymore. Anybody else know a store like that with an affiliate program, with hard to find stuff like they carry?

Nope, don't think so. Had been in their in house program before they had this other one. Think I had looked to see if maybe they still had it after the announcement but couldn't find anything about it. May still have it, just couldn't find anything. I had visitors for it cos of somethin they were lookin for but the stuff was always outa stock so never got the sales with em. Didn't bother to write to em, but maybe if ya write em they may have their in house program now??

That link you gave.....yummmmmm Kinda looked like a mounds bar?? Is it similar to that? I love them Not sure if they'd be effected by it or not but heard some sorta short report about the mfg. and the China products (the recent one regarding the babies ) on radio this morning, not sure if it woulda been one of the products or not tho??

Got me curious now.....what's the difference in taste between the British chocolate and American??

Psssst....if you're only lookin for the oldtime type candy, I can give ya the name of a merchant who has that type of stuff.

ABW Ambassador
    "Kinda looked like a mounds bar?? Is it similar to that?"

Yes, but much, much better. When I lived in Germany, they always had them. Now my mom gets them at some german store in the mall and hooks me up. I also have a cousin in Germany that will mail them to me sometimes. They're so good I can get some at Amazon or places like German Deli - http://gdcom.stores.yahoo.net/bountybar.html Didn't know anything about them being from Britain, always got it from Germany, which has the best chocolate. Just check out the sweets section at Germandeli.com. Now I want some.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear

Got me curious now.....what's the difference in taste between the British chocolate and American??
    There is a lot of difference. The British chocolate is creamier than a lot of the American stuff. I used to love Cadbury chocolate. You can get that in America, but make sure that it is made in England, and not by Hersheys in America.

Ohhhhh God.......why oh why did I ever reply to your question. You've got me droooooooolin now. I came here just to make a quick post about a bears program problem, saw your post so posted. Now, look what you've done to me.
    Just looked at:
    "Just check out the sweets section at Germandeli.com."

ooooooooh, they've got some sorta creme and chocolate thingie and mints and chocolate and definitely saw your bar. I'm dyin now.

I love them mounds bars and these must be sooooooo much better. Love and just thinkin of with yummy chocolate. oooohhh Next thing in life I love are chocolate covered maraschino cherries. I left that site before even attempting to go there cos I'd be tremblin for sure. That place looks soooooooo good. yummmmmmm

"Didn't know anything about them being from Britain, always got it from Germany, which has the best chocolate"

Just looked from the link you posted and saw somethin about Cadbury. Didn't know where they were from cept they mentioned it on that radio spot this morning.

Julian said: "There is a lot of difference. The British chocolate is creamier than a lot of the American stuff. I used to love Cadbury chocolate. You can get that in America, but make sure that it is made in England, and not by Hersheys in America."

oooooh what have I been missin. I could kill just for a plain ole Hershey milk chocolate bar lol and this sounds like they're nowhere as good. Somebody gave me Perugia or somethin like that once (not sure if they're Italian or French chocolate) they were pretty yummy but have never had British chocolate. Hmmmmm, guess I'll just have to force myself to try some....so I can tell the difference.

http and a telephoto
    Wow, I have been getting *customer* emails from them for months and thought they were affiliate program emails, I obviously didn't read them. But I also don't remember signing up for them. They used to convert well for me also, but the indy program, I don't think I ever even put them up from CJ.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread