Affiliate Manager
    Advertising at aff summit
    Anyone have feedback on how advertising at affiliate summit has gone for you. Looking over the advertisers, I see some that advertise at multiple affiliate summit events, and see others that haven't. Anyone have any metrix of how having a booth at these events has done for you?

http and a telephoto
    It depends on your goals, your program and other factors. If you are looking to talk to a lot of good affiliates and get your brand out there, then having a presence at Affiliate Summit is essential. There isn't a metric to measure brand awareness that I am aware of, but that will spill over into new affiliates if you manage yourself correctly. My recommendation to my clients is to have a presence here at ABW combined with a presence at Affiliate Summmit to build their programs.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We had a booth at the Las Vegas summits as it is less expensive to ship it and have several people attend there (we are in Salt Lake City). At the Boston show we will attend and focus on the sessions although a tabletop is not out of consideration.

Having a booth definately gives you more exposure in the online advertsing Affiliate Summit does.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    As an affiliate, I check out every sponsor, every booth and every ad

I figure

1. They must be succesful to afford it

2. Tells me they're serious

3. Tells me they're extending a hand to me

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    As an affiliate, I check out every sponsor, every booth and every ad

I figure

1. They must be succesful to afford it

2. Tells me they're serious

3. Tells me they're extending a hand to me
    My attitude and approach, exactly. It's certainly not "inexpensive" to attend as a merchant or as an affiliate. If they are there they are most likely serious - and I hope many of them feel the same about me (an affiliate) being there.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Ditto to what Billy and Beachy said.

G.

ABW Ambassador
    I am going to Boston expressly to meet merchants and affiliate managers.

Merchants who aren't interested in a booth during the whole convention should definitely consider a Meet Market table.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thumbs up
    Hi jefe,
    I had to reply to this one, especially since I just got back from exhibiting at another adv. trade show in San Fran earlier this week and Affiliate Summit West in Las Vegas earlier this year...

Along with a few other industry trade shows, our company has exhibited at Affiliate Summits in Vegas, Miami, and Orlando, with another 10'x20' booth reserved for the upcoming Affiliate Summit in Boston.

It's pretty tough to say what the final metrics work out to, as there are so many tangibles mixed in with the intangibles - for example: cost of booth space, cost of booth artwork & shipping, hotel & airline accommodations for 10+ people, travel & dining expenses for our partners as well as for ourselves, booth giveaways or trade show sponsorships, etc. versus developing new business, expanding upon existing business, putting a handshake and a face with an AIM name or telephone number, etc.

Along with these intangibles, a couple other intangible values that exhibiting at Affiliate Summit creates for you is stability and presence - two values that are especially relevant in an industry where companies that are here one day and vanish the next. It's really difficult to put a dollar sign or ROI metric on what that's worth.

Bottom line - we've been very pleased with both the short- and long-term results of exhibiting at Affiliate Summit shows. The shows are extremely well coordinated by the Affiliate Summit management team and flow very smoothly for exhibitors without hiccups or headaches for us. We'll continue exhibiting, meeting new people and partners for many years to come! Good luck!
    Erick Bright | Publisher Manager | MarketLeverage, LLC
    Phone: 407.268.7641 | email: erick[at]marketleverage[dot]com

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Merchants who aren't interested in a booth during the whole convention should definitely consider a Meet Market table.
    We've actually introduced something brand new for Boston. For Merchants that don't want to go to the expensive of a booth, we created the Merchant Mart, within the Exhibit Hall.

For more information about this exhibitor opportunity, please see: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_e...p#merchantmart

As an FYI -- thank you all for responding here. You guys beat me to the punch, and it's much appreciated.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Missy you must be psychic! Was just talking to a client who is interested in a table top. Can you explain the Merchant Mart?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateSummitMissy
    We've actually introduced something brand new for Boston. For Merchants that don't want to go to the expensive of a booth, we created the Merchant Mart, within the Exhibit Hall.

For more information about this exhibitor opportunity, please see: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_e...p#merchantmart

As an FYI -- thank you all for responding here. You guys beat me to the punch, and it's much appreciated.
    Missy, the exhibit pdf files aren't loading correctly

Also on the Mart deal how long is the table setup for?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

That sounds great, Missy! Glad to see even more opportunities available.

Here's a link to the details about the new Merchant Mart option: link.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    Missy, the exhibit pdf files aren't loading correctly

Also on the Mart deal how long is the table setup for?
    Hey you,

The .pdf files require at least Adobe 6.0 or higher. If you need me to email them to you instead, just let me know.

The Merchant Mart is located within the Exhibit Hall and will be open the same hours (Monday and Tuesday from 10:00am - 5:00pm).
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Missy you must be psychic! Was just talking to a client who is interested in a table top. Can you explain the Merchant Mart?
    The Merchant Mart is strictly limited to Merchants with active Affiliate Program only.

The concept for the Merchant Mart came directly from Merchant's responses to our survey. Several who had previously exhibited at the Sunday Meet Market wanted to also exhibit in the Exhibit Hall. Unfortunately, they didn't have a booth, nor the budget to buy/rent one in addition to the cost for the space itself.

Since our goal has always been to bring in more Merchants to the Exhibit Hall, the Merchant Mart seemed like a great way to make that happen. No booth needed!

Let me know if you have any other questions Chuck!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Missy, the Meet Market map is from ASW08
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    Missy, the Meet Market map is from ASW08
    Awww.. Come on... I get this: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/MeetM...List_ASE08.pdf

Stop teasing me
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Awww.. Come on... I get this: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/MeetM...List_ASE08.pdf

Stop teasing me
    That's better, thank you. BTW, the link on the site http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_exhibitors.php still goes to http://www.affiliatesummit.com/MeetM...List_ASW08.pdf unless I'm getting an cached version of that page.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    That's better, thank you. BTW, the link on the site http://www.affiliatesummit.com/08e_exhibitors.php still goes to http://www.affiliatesummit.com/MeetM...List_ASW08.pdf unless I'm getting an cached version of that page.

Just found the places under the "Meet Market" sections that you were talking about. All set

Thanks for letting me know.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread