Hmm just wondering what people's click ratio is usually before they get a transaction. cj stats this month. ( 6 days) for ebay? should I wait atleast another 20 clicks before dropping ebay? what do others suggest?

REVENUE: $0.00
    SALES: 0
    LEADS:0
    CLICKS: 19
    IMPS: 1

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

I never assume I know anything until at least 200 clicks.

By the way, I'm having outstanding results with ebay lately. Properly targeted traffic converts at about 5 cents per visitor. That's visitors to my site, not clicks. About 1/3 of my visitors click.

Next month things will be different, of course. They always are.

It depends on the product line, I have merchants converts like 1:45, but some are like 1:250. Sometimes I got lucky for stuff that I don't promote, and once a while a get a few clicks would generate a sale. But all in all average is 1:150. I now try to sell some lower ticket items. At one time I kept making big sales, not a lot, but the commission was good. However, when people are tightening their wallets, I could just sit here and look at the click numbers.

Jason, I saw your post in a different thread. I don't partner with anyone of them, nor do I know how well they do with other publishers. But, I think you need to work on getting more, a lot more, targeted traffic for your merchants.

Everybody would say this: Don't give up. Believe it or not, it's true.

Well I have sent about 150 clicks so far and made have gotten one bid for a total of a nickel. It's going to be a long time before I retire of this program.

It's cool though.

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

eBay converts well for me, and fits on many different pages. I earn both the $ .05 and the $ 5.00 type with them. I have not used the editor kit yet, but it looks awesome.

You should stay with them, they'll eventually convert for you.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

When someone clicks through to one of the auction listings from an ebay editor kit what does it get tracked as (through CJ)? For the flexible destination links, which I've been using for several months, I do not place a tracking pixel, so I only see the clicks that I get, not impressions. These clicks show up as being for the flexible destination link, which is listed among the links at CJ. Will the editor kit track impressions, and do they appear as editor kit links in my reports?

ABW Ambassador
    Ebay is working great for me, editor kit is great too. I get about 5 registrations a day and a bunch of nickels. With ebay the key is to find a product where the only place to buy that product is ebay and make a page for that product. I have a very niche site which is the key.

quote:
    Originally posted by david11982:
    Will the editor kit track impressions, and do they appear as editor kit links in my reports?

David, it appears to me that the editor kit is simply a front end to produce flexible link type code for CJ. I have one site only using editor kit links and it shows no impressions - drilling down you end up with it reporting as text links - Flexible Destination Tool.

Jason - quick site snapshot MTD, 345 ebay/cj clicks -> 6 leads + 25 sales, but you need bigger numbers before deciding what to do.

I get nervous after 100 clicks with nothing, would certainly pull after 200 - but make sure you factor in your own views/tests in the early stages. They really skew early numbers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

Thanks CrazyGuy,
    I was beginning to suspect that the editor kit clicks were showing up as flexible links, because I've seen my total click-throughs for flexible links quadruple in the past week. Currently I'm seeing about 1 lead and 3 sales for every 100 click-throughs.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread