ABW Ambassador
    Some Linkshare Reports Are Not Current
    I haven't checked all the reports but the Revenue Report is only updated through 4/14 and since most Linkshare merchants do not report on the day of the sale, that report will not currently include all 4/14 transactions.

If you compare the Revenue Report to the Sales and Activity Report, you'll see what I mean.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've seen some of the reports lag behind and I generally rely on the Product Success Report, which seems to be updated throughout the day. I do have sales listed there for today, which are not shown on the Revenue Report.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you have a choice between process and transaction date? There is a difference due to the batching of sales data. We use process date.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't believe Linkshare gives that option when running reports, but even if they did, that would not resolve the issue. Some reports are just not updating at all at various times, regardless of when the transaction actually occurred and Linkshare has acknowledged this problem. Linkshare has received the data since most reports are current. There is a bug in their system that causes some reports to not populate from time to time.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm seeing the same thing. I was trying to check the clickthroughs for my merchants for the 16th and they are zero.

Thanks for starting the thread Snowman, I didn't want to be the first.

This is why I get upset with all their new "fancy" skins. Their underlying reports are still crap, and fail constantly. I wish they would fix the quality of basic data, before trying to make things look modern. I'm so tired of fishing through reports to see which ones "feel right." So now do I use the New Dashboard, Synergy Analytics, or Traditional. There are only so many hours in a day.
    Last edited by Aunt Lily; April 17th, 2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: gave wrong date

ABW Ambassador
    The problem with the clickthroughs (and impressions) is actually a different problem since they are reported by Linkshare, not the merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    The click through data just updated. Sorry I was confusing.

I know that it's linkshare's responsibility, that's why I get so upset with them. I monitor click throughs as I make site changes. I'm pretty consistent with my sales to click through ratio, so I monitor the clicks carefully.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread