Unhappy Lost cash in the cache?
    My theory, but I think that we'll all lose cash in the interum between cookie duration. What's ebay's duration, 30 days?

My browser is set to clear the cache everytime it closes, but it still doesn't get rid of all the cookies. I do that manually thru a shortcut on my desktop.

So.....I didn't change my urls till April 9th. I think that means many of my long term, or even recent costomers will have left over cookies from CJ for a while.

...also in the interum, if they go to some other site selling ebay they'll have the other site's cookie.......this'll go on for some time of which I can't say.

I started getting daily sales again, but I think they're new costomers, mostly.

Any one else have thoughts on this?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

No problem. eBay's cookie duration is 7 days, I believe. Plus, they said that they've made arrangements with CJ so that cookied sales after 4/30 will still be reported.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

For sales the cookie is 7 days. The 30 days between CRU and ACRU is not cookie driven so shouldn't be an issue.

eBay has already stated on the eBay boards that CJ has agreed to work with them to make sure carryover cookies into May will be paid.

Example....

1. 4/30/08 Joe Blow clicks one of your CJ links right before you swap it out.

2. 5/07/08 Joe Blow places a winning bid on a 10 day auction that just started, right before your cookie expires.

3. 5/17/08 The auction ends.

4. 5/18/08 You get credit for the sale. But you get credit on CJ even though you swapped the link 18 days ago.

eBay has said we will get paid for these.

Note to self: Type faster.

I wonder what will happen if your balance at CJ is below the $25.00 mark come 5/10/08 and ebay was your only cj affiliate program.

My guess is you'll be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffmaster
    I wonder what will happen if your balance at CJ is below the $25.00 mark come 5/10/08 and ebay was your only cj affiliate program.
    Join and promote some more CJ merchants. eBay should not be your only merchant. Diversify - that's the name of the game. Did I say diversify?

Quote Originally Posted by Potent Mix
    Join and promote some more CJ merchants. eBay should not be your only merchant. Diversify - that's the name of the game. Did I say diversify?
    I have tried many other CJ programs over the years including Amazon. Ebay has been the only program to put money in my pocket besides google adsense. I feel I should put all of my energy into ebay for now since it is doing well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffmaster
    I have tried many other CJ programs over the years including Amazon. Ebay has been the only program to put money in my pocket besides google adsense. I feel I should put all of my energy into ebay for now since it is doing well for me.
    I understand wanting to focus on what makes the most money for you, but I do think that diversification is wise. What will you do if ebay ends their affiliate program, or significantly changes it? (You don't have to answer that, it's a rhetorical question.)

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My thoughts are: I have not had a commission in 5 days from CJ or Ebay. Makes me not want to continue this hideous changeover.

Hmmm. . . Wonder how many will not change over links because of a temporary lag???
    That would amount to a whole bunch of uncommissionable sales after the end of the month on old dead CJ links.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

While eBay says it has a 7-day cookie, I can't identify it in the cookies on my pc -

mydomain.com folder:

PHPSESSID Expires: at end of session

ebay.com folder:

s Expires: at end of session
    lucky9 Expires: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:28:13 AM
    nonsession Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:28:12 AM
    dp1 Expires: Friday, April 23, 2010 3:28:12 AM
    ebay Expires: at end of session
    npii Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:27:53 AM

ebayrtm.com folder:

CT Expires: Friday, May 23, 2008 3:28:10 AM

main.ebayrtm.com folder:

TC01 Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:27:57 AM
    RUA Expires: Friday, April 23, 2010 3:27:57 AM
    M01 Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:27:57 AM
    A01 Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:27:57 AM
    HT Expires: at end of session
    PS Expires: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:27:57 AM
    .... has anyone else checked and found anything in cookies folder which looks like a 7-day cookie??

I'm quite happy to eat it, if it exists

M

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread