What wrong with 1and1 support
    My website database is down for 1 week. Phone calls and emails everyday, they keep sending me to different departments. They keep saying they are working on the problem. Nobody has a clue how and when it will get fixed. I am on managed dedicated server and mySQL database is hosted local on the same box. It should be easy to detect the problem.
    Does anybody have problem with 1and1 support or just me?

I have only used 1&1 for 7 months and haven't had any real problems. OTOH, I have an unmanaged server so I administer it myself. Sorry I can't offer more useful advice.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

ummmmm - - - - shameless plug........nuff said........

http and a telephoto
    I have had some issues with support in the past, but have also had several sites on them for a few years now with very little down time.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Every host will have good and bad days, and good and bad customer experiences. Even those with shameless plugs However if the large *majority* of the time they do what they need to to keep you up and running then they are a good host.

But I also realize that if they do a great job 364 days of the year that one day of problems can make you forget the other ones. One week is excessive.

What is your backup/backout plan ?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    Every host will have good and bad days, and good and bad customer experiences. Even those with shameless plugs However if the large *majority* of the time they do what they need to to keep you up and running then they are a good host.

But I also realize that if they do a great job 364 days of the year that one day of problems can make you forget the other ones. One week is excessive.

What is your backup/backout plan ?

I was happy with 1and1 until now. When major thing happens on the server like this, I most need their managed sevices, but I can't get any help at all. They have like 3 or 4 levels of support. To get intouch with the right person is really pain in the @**.

Right now, I can not access database. can do nothing. Just sit and wait for miracle happen.

I live in Canada. I am going to find a new web hosting near home. I can come and knock on the door when thing goes wrong.

Serious issues
    I have to agree that the 1 day make you forget those 364 days...

But i have to correct those numbers. I'm with 1&1 since about 5 years, and the correct number would be 355 days, and 10 days of total chaos per year (over 4-5 issues).

For example, their MAIL SERVER is down for about 2 days (today). I've received tons of complaints from my customers.

Their phone technical support doesn't talk much with their technicians doing the job behind the scene. If you call them, they won't be able to give you any timeframe about when the problem is going to be solved, and they won't be able to tell you what's going on. They usually answer: "We will run a diagnostic and it should get back to normal soon. Thanks for calling 1&1 and blablabla".

In the last 3 months, i've had few problems: Their mail server down for about 2 days, the creation of subdomain seems to be done properly in the control panel, but the subdomain never get active, several lost emails even if the spam filter is NOT activated on the server side, several down time for our http and some severe lag (Average of 2 000ms of ping time, and we get about 20-30 minutes downtime a day).

One of their major problem is that these people doesn't work the week-end and in the evening like we would expect. If they do have an update to do, they just don't bother and they will shutdown your server in no time! It will come back online when it will come back! So be patient!

I can't say if the grass is greener with other providers, but i'm seriously thinking about switching to another one. They just take too much their customers for granted... I would be stupid to not make this switch.

The funniest part is that each time that you contact them, they ask you to fill up a survey about how their tech support employee helped you. I've filled quite some of them... but the service never get better.

So good luck if you plan to use their services.

(By the way, i had to register to this server to be able to write this message... so you can bet that i'm pissed off!)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread