how do i allow someone else partial access to my CJ account?
    I co-run a deal site where we list daily deals from around the net. Normally, I post these deals but I've recently added someone to help me. Right now, I'm paying him to just write up the deal but not publish it. I have to go back in to CJ and create the direct link to the product and then publish it to the site. I want to be able to avoid this extra step.

Does anyone know how I could allow someone to create links with my code, but not get access to my personal account information (commission received, passwords, etc)? I'm referring to CJ mainly but I also use linkshare and performics...Among others.

Thanks.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Setup an authorized user.

I asked CJ and they said...
    the person would have full access...I only want them to be able to create links, not look at my personal info:

Response (Danielle) 01/17/2008 08:33 AM

Thank you for your inquiry. If you add a user to your account they will have access to everything, they just won't be able to edit the account information, such as adding users or changing company info. You could pull the codes from your account manager and provide them to this person so they could put them on your website and that way they wouldn't need access to the account manager, but you would have to go in and copy all the codes you wanted.
    Regards,
    Commission Junction client support

That's too bad.

Go with Shareasale.

shareasale
    shareasale is much inferior to CJ in my opinion. From site functionality to the companies they're signed up with...

If they are so inferior in terms of site functionality why do they have the functionality you are seeking yet CJ doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    If they are so inferior in terms of site functionality why do they have the functionality you are seeking yet CJ doesn't?
    There are more functions to the site, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    There are more functions to the site, you know...
    For the purpose of this thread, the other network has the feature that he is looking for. So to me it's silly to bash a network and call them inferior as the network was only mentioned because....read the bolded part of this response.

You can use the CJ API and build an application that would get the links or hire some one to build this application for you.

would like that functionality too...
    any commercial app. available out there?

If anyone from CJ is reading this, maybe they could take the initiative and have it implemented.

Essentially what's needed is a user access mode which only allows link retrieval, without the ability to view commission data, transactions, reports, etc., and without the ability to contact merchants.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread