Angry Disney Shopping's New Rules
    Are they kidding? I completely understand having certain rules to make sure people don't just do whatever they want.

But:

"Promotions found directly on the Disney website or from any other source may not be promoted and are grounds for immediate termination from the program."

They're telling me if I see a sale that THEY are promoting on the front page of Disney Shopping's own website, I can't tell people about it unless they send out an email telling me it's ok? How on earth is that wrong?

Especially since they only send out an email every few weeks. There are tons of good sales that go on that they don't tell affiliates about, but are right on the main page of their website for anyone to see. Why is that so bad to promote? I really don't understand...

It's sad, because now it looks like I'll hardly ever be able to promote Disney, when before I would every few weeks.

I really hope other companies don't start doing this!

Jess

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it's dumb. There was another thread about this kind of thing with a couple of merchants saying the same thing. Disney also lowered the commission rate as well to 3%, unless you have a special deal.

I'm sorry. While I saw a post about commissions being lowered, I didn't see anything about the lack of being able to properly promote their website.

The sad thing, is I'm more upset about the fact that I can't promote what they have on the front page of their website than the fact that they lowered commissions. I figured at least some comission is better than none, which is what it will be now...

Jess

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, it doesn't make any sense. This is the other thread I was talking about, with a couple of other merchants doing the exact same thing -

"Can't promote offers that are publicly displayed on merchants site."

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=sketchers

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread