Zappos makes a slight improvement
    Just received a 6pm recruiting email from Zappos. Here's the interesting part:
    As a Zappos associate, will we get commissions for sending traffic to 6pm that converts into sales?

Yes! As long as you are accepted into both programs, you will receive commissions for 6pm sales when customers use the 6pm.com link on the Zappos website. As the 6pm associate program grows, we will spend a period of time to determine whether or not we find it necessary for Zappos to support 6pm.com with links placed on the Zappos website. If we decide that Zappos.com does need to support 6pm.com, then the links will remain and affiliates will get commissions for sending traffic to 6pm that converts into sales. You will also receive credit for sales when customers on the 6pm website click on the Zappos’ banners, and make a purchase.
    I don't personally promote Zappos, but I know there's been a large debate here on the 6pm leaks from Zappos.com. It sounds like Zappos is using the cross-program conversion linking that CJ introduced last year (and from what I saw, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first implementation), which is a major plus. Now, AdSense on 6PM.com is another story, but I guess this is a start.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll remove the AdSense block from 6PM with enough affiliate complaints (start the posts & emails ) - I have to think that affiliate outrage was behind the fact that they linked Zappos to the new 6PM program. On the other hand it could just be CJ's sales team making a good proposal, but it could be affiliates.

I know that this doesn't forgive their past actions (and I know that I have to state that here, or else I'll get torn to shreds), but it's a step in the right direction.

a step in the right direction would be to automatically make all zappos affiliates also 6pm affiliates. you should not have to jump through hoops to requalify for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    a step in the right direction would be to automatically make all zappos affiliates also 6pm affiliates. you should not have to jump through hoops to requalify for the program.
    I think that might just be a technical impossibility within CJ's system, as there's no easy way to send out program join offers in bulk.

I wouldn't really consider a few extra mouse clicks to be "jumping through hoops".

ok, I won't tear ya to shreads and will agree with ya, it is a step in the right direction, but ummm as long as they've got those adsense (which, I just checked and they're still there) don't really think any affiliates are gonna even consider puttin them back or on their sites. I had removed em cos of it and got their email, but umm nice I am, very understanding I am, willing to definitely give people second chances, even third chances sometimes lol ok, admit, I'd have a hard time if faced with a sad puppy dog face starin at me and not givin them another chance, too lol stupid I'm not, tho. I'm not gonna put up links to their site when a visitor can click one of those ads and go to another site. It would've been wiser to get rid of the ads before sending out the email. I do agree with ya, tho....was a positive step, but still got more to go I think before people are willing to give em another chance.

ABW Ambassador
    If you don't want to promote 6pm because of their Adsense ads, then don't put up 6pm links but if you are going to promote Zappos, it makes no sense not to join 6pm's program because if you don't, you won't be paid for any 6pm orders that originated from a 6pm banner on Zappos' site from your visitor who clicked through your Zappos link and then clicked on a 6pm link on Zappos site.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    I think that might just be a technical impossibility within CJ's system, as there's no easy way to send out program join offers in bulk.

I wouldn't really consider a few extra mouse clicks to be "jumping through hoops".
    I don't agree - there is a perfectly good feature in the system - "Pending Offers" that can be used and attached to all affiliates accounts. I have been waiting 4 days for an approval. Shouldn't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    I don't agree - there is a perfectly good feature in the system - "Pending Offers" that can be used and attached to all affiliates accounts.
    As a merchant, I'm yet to see a way to send out pending offers in BULK, other than through groups of publishers already in a program. You cannot bulk send out offers to publishers not in your program, to my knowledge. Everything is done manually.

I have at present 20 new merchants sitting in my pending offers screen - all from programs I am not a member of. And still don't have an approval or disapproval from Zappos - too many days!!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread