Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    New Yahoo Sign In "Seal" To Thwart Phishing?
    Got this when I logged into Yahoo search account this morning. Sounds like an interesting idea, just looking into it further to see all upsides and possible downsides - if any. Anyone know anything about this feel free to share your knowledge. Thanks!

https://protect.login.yahoo.com/?.in...splaySignin.do
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

15 years and counting
    Why are they trying to scare people away from them? They should be working on a more secure log in on their end. They have been doing that for years. My Yahoo email box is still full of spam and worse of phishing emails coming from a Yahoo account.
    "Fight password theft with seals" You have better to don't count on Yahoo to help you.

It appears to be similar to what my bank uses. I see a "recognizable" icon whenever I log into my account. If I recall correctly, they started doing that late last year.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The concept sounds interesting, however they don't offer much information on it. Leaves me feeling cautious. I don't "know" how to play Texas Holdem, so I don't play - if you get my drift.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Yup, pardner, I getcha drift.

I do, however, trust my bank a lot more than I trust the Big Y (or the Big G, for that matter). Even though they both (Y & G) send me a few $$ every month, a certain level of trust only goes so far.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I've been using this for a while with yahoo. Makes me feel more confident that i'm actually at yahoo's site. Some other web services are beginning to offer this as well.

It set's a cookie that is readable only by the yahoo domain. So when you visit a yahoo login page, it will read the cookie and display the information there. If your cookies are deleted, the image/text is no longer visible - until you login again, at which point the cookie will be reset. (that's my understanding of how it works)

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread