Can't figure out what this code is for
    In looking for links for merchant Niman Ranch, I ran into one whose link anchor text reads "Get this Special Link Code". When you click to get the code, at the top it says "The following source should be used when placing a banner on a site."

The code turns out to be a
    tag that contains three hidden fields and no submit button or submit input type.

I am kind of lost here. What exactly is this code used for?

Carlos

http and a telephoto
    I would ask the merchant that created it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I applied to be an affiliate for Niman Ranch in late February and received an acknowledgement the following day, signed by someone '@nimanranch', but a different FROM address. Two weeks later, after hearing nothing, I sent an email inquiry following up and never got a reply. Six weeks after I applied, I got an email with subject 'APPROVED' and no message body.

I already sent a message to them to the two addresses I captured from the previous 2 emails, to ask the question about this code. Since both messages bounced, I am not holding my breath - it looks like Niman affiliates are at a level way below that of the cattle.

Has anyone had any experience with this merchant?

Those types of links are usually search boxes in a banner or some interactive demo banner. The banner you saw before you clicked to get the code is the end result when it's installed in your page. Loxly's tip to ask the merchant is good too if there's no Affiliate Manager for their program.

Those aren't good signs.
    Many merchants are hard to reach, even when the program is decent but before you join a program you should:
    1 search the forum
    and 2. click through to their site to see what your clients will experience there.
    3. take a good look at their stats.

http and a telephoto
    If you aren't getting any response after a couple of days, and the code doesn't show as a search box, I would skip using that code.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread