Google just crawled my page.
    well it only took 4 days and google crawled my site but is this the same as being listed in search results? if someone types in my keywords will my site pop up in the list?

Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools for tools and status of your site...

X

or you could just go to google and check

there is usually a delay after the crawling, but google has been reported as more fluid lately so it would be nice to know how quick you are up. Let us all know ;-)

well the webmaster tools/google site maps say my site was crawled on the 18th but no matter what combination of keywords I use my site wont come up in the results.

could this be were page rank comes in to play? i know my main keyword in google has about 500k results for it so in a few weeks I should start to climb the ladder right?

ABW Ambassador
    Crawling is one thing, indexing is another, ranking well is something else. And it's going to take a lot longer than a few weeks to climb any sort of ladder to the point of getting some good traffic.

Do a Google search for "site:yourdomain.com" (leave out the quotes) to view a list of pages that are currently indexed.
    In Google webmaster's tools, read about sitemaps. Create a sitemap and submit it to Google to hurry the process along...

X

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools for tools and status of your site...
    Just a note on this, for others. I had google index some pages from a website fairly quickly, but it took webmaster tools a couple of weeks to figure that out. So the best method is to do as mentioned above, search for your domain.

Webmaster tools are helpful though.

I'm not sure if this is related - but I noticed a couple of days ago that traffic to my personal site just stopped - I Checked my adwords account and EVERY key word had jumped to $10.00 each. I have a business site with a separate adwords account with Google that has had no increase/change at all. I chatted with someone from Google that said I need to optimize my site. The pages between the two sites are almost identical - they are either articles of human interest with PPC on them OR online store format with just products and descriptions of the products - however, the one that the links jumped to $10.00 on are heavy affiliate products. SO is anyone else having this problem OR do I really need to redesign my ENTIRE site? Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    First, you have two adword accounts? That is against google TOS.

Second, you got google smacked. It happens. Look or search the forums for that, you should find it has happened to a lot of people. You should find good information about it.

Thank you I'll check it out -- Just to clarify - the two acounts I have - one is the one I manage for work... the other is my personal one...

Have an awesome day!

tools
    despite what has been said thus far, the most reliable place for information is google webmaster tools

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread