Retired Member

Why doesn't Google and the other search engines ban sites that have parasite downloads ?

Parasites hurt Google because the parasites are stealing from their pay-per-click customers.

Maybe we should start an email campaign to Google.

Retired Member

I think the problem is these downloads are usually triggered by Javascript commands, but SEs don't read/understand Javascript or any other scripting language.

The bottom line is Google (and the rest of the SEs) can't automatically determine if a site forces download of parasites or not. Banning would most likely have to be done manually, but do they got the time/willingness to review all sites and do that?

But it is time that the whole community (not just the ABW and a few bright examples) makes some aggressive steps towards parasites. Treat them like viruses or something.

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Google would be wise to setup a reporting section where drive-by downloads are uncovered. Once verified the offending domains would get a PRO ranking sending out a clear message ...Screw with our loyal Googlers ...your toast!!!!

ABW could lead the way by publishing confirmed sites who perform drive-by installs. The medai coverage would be great for the cause.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

And why will google spend resources like money and time to deal with a problem that is not affecting them?

"Parasites hurt Google because the parasites are stealing from their pay-per-click customers."

When I advertise using adwords, a customer clicks on my ad, my site loads in his browser and then gator induced popup appears on my site. Who is loosing money here? Its me. Google has delivered a click to my site (and made their money) so they are not responsible for what happens to my site on the customer's browser now.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread