How many you join?
    How many affiliate program you guys join? How many % out of total? I only join about 2%. What is your practice? Join as many as possible?

Lightbulb
    when I first started, many would not approve me, so I joined many that would.

now I apply to those that fit my sites.

Are you just join those "auto approve" at the beginner? You start joining those fit your sites only after 1 or 2 years or when your commission increase to certain level? It seem like difficult to manage even for only joined for over 2-3%. Can I add internal remark or create folder to manage all affiliate programs that I joined?

Lightbulb
    I make a (physical) file folder for every merchant's program I am in. I also save a copy of the Terms of Service for each merchant or emails where they gave us changes in management or other conditions of use.

I have a file with cards for each merchant on which I try to keep track of the links I have put up for them, and on which of my sites. If they drop me I can go back and find out why they did. Sometimes things have changed and I have a better chance of selling for them so I apply again.

I no longer apply to new merchants (or the old ones) unless I think their products or services are a fit for my sites.

OIC, thanks for your sharing.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Do the 80-20 rule.
    80% of your $$ will come from 20% of ur merchants.

When I first started affiliate marketing, I signed up for anything and everything that I thought was a good product to market. Now I deal with maybe a handful of programs that provide something relevant to the content of my sites. Having so many affiliates partnerships to choose from was more distracting than beneficial.

I'd recommend carefully considering which partners/products will be applicable and benefical to your users, and focus on integrating them and promoting them.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread