Online Marketing Consultant
    Bidz.com Huge Leak
    So I went to check something at Bidz.com (I know I should have learned my lesson a long time ago) when I looked at the top right and now they have a leak to Buyz.com. Basically the same thing except it is fixed price vs. the bidz.com auction.

I looked for the affiliate sign up section, none to be found (as far as I could see), and I checked CJ and they did not appear to have a program. Does anyone know if they will credit affiliates for sales at buyz that come through bidz, or will they just let affiliate traffic flow over to buyz.com and keep the sales without paying affiliates?

I haven't heard anything other than the fact that Bidz was launching Buyz. No details on an affiliate structure, or carryover cookies. Have you asked Bidz yet about this? I figure they'd be the best informed about their own program.

If you think that's bad, you should see them using Zango to pop on affiliate sites. When that happens, the leaks become a moot point because the affiliate isn't going to get credit for anything anyway.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

They have 2 links
    top right "BUYZ" (linked buyz.com)
    and another one below that "NOW at BUYZ.COM SHOW ME" (linked buyz.bidz.com/Buyz)

on clicking both links both go to "buyz.bidz.com/Buyz/"

So I am guessing the cookie would still be in place
    Last edited by suniliu; April 23rd, 2008 at 02:16 AM. Reason: removed the www before the links
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by suniliu
    They have 2 links
    top right "BUYZ" (linked buyz.com)
    and another one below that "NOW at BUYZ.COM SHOW ME" (linked buyz.bidz.com/Buyz)

on clicking both links both go to "buyz.bidz.com/Buyz/"

So I am guessing the cookie would still be in place
    It's not actually a cookie issue, it's a matter of whether Bidz considers transactions or signups (or however they pay) at Buyz as commissionable, and if they decide to report that to the affiliate network or not.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Michael, that is what I meant by I should have learned my lesson a long time ago lol.

Joshua, it is nearly impossible to get to the correct person as it seems they have a different manager for each network and none of them are very good whatsoever, or at least knowledgeable on any subject matter. Noone ever takes the blame when something happens and none of them have ever been responsive. That is why I brought it up here and see if anyone had heard anything.

The other thing to ask if they ever read and respond here is, if they do count the sale in buyz.com for the bidz.com shopping cart and affiliate links, will it track through all the networks they are on?

Maybe I'll make a test purchase tonight from buyz and see if this works then report here. The problem is I really don't like anything there but it is worth checking I guess.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread