Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Program closing - All Carlson Hotels Worldwide (4 programs)
    Head Up. Jsut got this in my email.
    Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for being a valued partner in the Carlson Hotels Worldwide affiliate program, which includes Radisson Hotels, Park Inn, Country Inn and Suites By Carlson, Park Plaza and Regent Hotels. Over the years, these have been successful programs for both Carlson Hotels and our partners. However, we recently have had a change in our strategy which required us to make some difficult decisions, and we regret to inform you that on May 4th, 2008 all five Carlson affiliate programs will be discontinued.

Since the programs will be suspended on May 4, 2008, all transactions referred/booked after this date will be non-commissionable. We will honor all return day sales (bookings/consumptions) per the current offer (30 days after May 4th). Please remember to take down all of your current Radisson Hotels, Park Inn, Country Inn and Suites By Carlson, Park Plaza and Regent Hotels links and creative by May 4th, 2008.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and sincerely appreciate your understanding through this business decision. If you have any questions or concerns about this change please contact us immediately at radissonaffiliates at inkshare.com.

Best Wishes and Thank You.

Regards,
    The Carlson Hotels Affiliate Team

I, too, received that email just before lunch. By coincidence I then had lunch with another hotel/travel affiliate. I must say that neither of us are very surprised at the announcement.

Their hotels are still available through many other sources, and some of those sources have a better commission scale than the direct (Carlson) program did.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    When hotel affiliate programs that pay based on consumed stays leave a network (or close down altogether), affiliates always get burned because any stay that is consumed after the program shuts down isn't paid. I'm not so sure that the cookie period applies in this case, but even if it does, you will have bookings that are consumed after the cookie period expires.

So any bookings you have for summer vacations and beyond you'll never see a penny of commission.

I am trying to find an other networks that they work! If you could help that would be great! The annoying thing is that i still have 20+ sales that I wont get a penny!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by steliosp
    I am trying to find an other networks that they work! If you could help that would be great! The annoying thing is that i still have 20+ sales that I wont get a penny!
    If you have the # of the AM, call him/her and they might pay you those booking. "might".

Not sure if they are on any CPA networks, Azoogle, QuinStreet, etc.

All the best

ABW Ambassador
    Carlson never provided any in-house contact info. and since they only pay on consumed bookings, you will have no way of knowing if future stays that were previously booked will even be consumed. Surely, at least some of them won't be.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Though Carlson’s program has gone dark, they continue to report consumptions to LinkShare. Publishers will continue to be paid on bookings that occurred prior to the discontinuation of the program.

If you have additional questions, please contact the Carlson team at radisson_affiliates(at)linkshare.com.

Ranae

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread