ABW Ambassador
    American Express
    If you promote American Express credit cards through Linkshare, have your conversions gone down significantly this year?

I've been an Amex affiliate for about 7 years but I didn't promote them much until last May. I did well with them for 6 months and had a really nice number of conversions on their higher commissioned cards. The last time I had a conversion from one of the cards I did really well with last year was 12/12 and I had two conversions that day. My conversions are way down this year for their other cards. What makes me suspect is that I've gone over 4 months without a single conversion for the card I did very well with last year.

And before anyone says Ebates or UPromise, Ebates only promotes and gives cash back on one type of Amex card (there are more than two dozen) and they don't appear on UPromise at all.

With the current economy, I would expect conversions to be down, but not as much as they are.

They have a 90 day cookie.

The American Express affiliate program is managed by Linkshare (yuck!) with no company contact.

Try running the offer through NCSReporting and see if you get any different results - NCS has tons of Amex offers ( ncsreporting.com/NCSPrograms_New.aspx ), and NCS is a reliable network for credit card offers.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; April 24th, 2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Removed hotlink

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks so much, Joshua.

Any other comments are welcome.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    cardoffers.com also worth a look as they run AMEX and other cards. They and NCS are the prime card networks that I am aware of.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I should also mention that my brief interactions with publisher support at both CardOffers and NCS have been positive experiences. Though I haven't actually promoted anything through CardOffers, or promoted anything through NCS in many months, I'm sure they're both just as responsive as in the past.

Commission rates may vary between cards at the different networks, so it's worth seeing which of them pays the best (and tracks the best, in your case).

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've promoted card offers and other credit-related offers through NCS for about 3-4 years.

For a couple of years, I did pretty well with them, but the past year has been really down.

The do have good support, and an easy to use interface, but there is NO leeway in using creative - you use the text that they provide, and they closely monitor your sites to keep check. If you do not have the latest updates active, they give you deadlines to replace any out-of-date creative and expired offers.

Also, each offer, like every other network I've ever seen, use to state the commission rate. For some unexplained reason, a year or so ago, they stopped showing this info, and periodically I have to email my account rep for a list of current commission rates. This is stupid, and though I've repeatedly asked, I've never gotten an answer as to why they are doing this.

Their reporting system is ok. But, I do not think I've ever seen a transaction posted on a weekend.

The have major cc offers, including Amex, Discover, Chase MC/Visa, BofA, etc. Another negative, however, is that offers are frequently ended with only a day or 2 notice, but then they often return a few weeks later.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    One other issue to consider is the overextension of personal credit and the overall number of people applying for new credit cards.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    I also sent them a number of sales in the past but there has been nothing recently, my reward = they dumped me!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    After going since 12/12/07 without a single conversion of their highest commission card, we had two conversions for that card this week. That's just too much of a coincidence. I know there has been a tracking or reporting issue here. Come on Linkshare, fess up!

ABW Ambassador
    I emailed the Amex Program Manager (a Linkshare employee) weeks ago. They forwarded my email to Linkshare customer service to respond to me. They said I'd receive a response in 5 business days. I have never received a response after sending several followups. Today, I was writing yet another followup where I accused Linkshare of a conflict of interest since they manage this program and don't address affiliate concerns. Then I decided it could backfire on me to accuse them of conflict of interest in writing, so I just asked again that this be addressed as I'm not going away.

Ranae, when you read this, I hope you'll address this with your boss even if you don't respond to this post. Linkshare should be absolutely ashamed of themselves as they are NOT a trusted 3rd party.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread