ABW Ambassador
    Expedia Doesn't Answer Emails
    At the end of all Expedia promotional emails sent through CJ, it says:
    Need help? Affiliate Support is available
    Getting started with our program is easy, but if you ever have questions, please e-mail us at eap@expedia.com. We're ready to answer your questions during regular business hours. Post Expedia links to your website today! Remember, the sooner you add links, the sooner you'll be earning money with the #1 online travel company. The Expedia Affiliate Program team looks forward to working with you, and to building a long and profitable business relationship with [my site name].

Warmest regards,
    The Expedia Affiliate Team
    eap@expedia.com
    Over the past couple of weeks, I have sent two emails (different subject matters) and haven't received a reply to either one.

I was really hopeful that once Expedia moved from BeFree to CJ that things would improve. I have a long history with Expedia and stopped prominently promoting them years ago after confirmed tracking problems (where BeFree was able to negotiate a settlement for me from them because the non-tracking link came directly from the BeFree interface), their session-only cookie, lack of communication and other issues. Now that they have a 7 day cookie, I've decided to promote them more prominently. I even used them myself several weeks ago and the booking tracked.

Not responding to affiliate emails is bad enough, but why do they encourage emails from affiliates if they are going to ignore them?

Hi Snowman,

I actually have a couple different contacts at Expedia, and find them to be responsive. Can you send me a PM with your info and I'll try to connect you? It could be that your emails were caught in their junk or bulk folders.

Thanks,
    Nicki

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for your offer, Nicki. First, you don't have PM rights here as you'll get that when you have 250 posts, but I'd prefer not to provide my contact info. to someone who I don't know. If you would be willing to forward this thread to your contacts at Expedia, they could respond here with another email address if they are interested in communicating with their affiliates.

Thanks again.

Sure, gotcha. I'll forward the ABW thread now.

Regards,
    Nicki

Affiliate Manager Faith@Expedia's Avatar
    Hi Snowman-

I am sorry to hear that you have not received a reply to your emails. I have asked the account team to look into the situation and see if we are having an excessive number of emails marked as spam. We try to answer emails in a timely fashion, so you should have had both your emails answered by now.

Please send your email to eap@expedia.com. If they are technical requests, Ryan will be the one answering since he is the expert on deeplinks and feeds. Otherwise, one of the other team members (including myself) will try to answer your question.

We did recently changed from being session based to having a seven day cookie. The cookie started tracking on April 5th, with results showing up in that day's sales. We also offer more access to RSS feeds, now that we have moved to CJ. Our goal is to provide to provide more tools that weren't available when we were with BeFree.

I also wanted to mention that our biggest sale of the year started today, the Summer Vacation Sale. If you haven't had a chance to check it out (especially if you are a fan of Indiana Jones), you should take a look.

(And thanks Nicki for the forward)

Regards,
    Faith

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you, Faith. It won't do any good for me to continue to email eap@expedia.com as that is the address I always use where I don't get a response. I need another way of contacting an affiliate manager. Could you please provide that--either another email address or preferably a phone number?

I know about the cookie change since that was emailed to affiliates, even though that still hasn't been changed in Expedia's Advertiser Detail on CJ.

I also know about the sale since that too was emailed to affiliates this morning. I put up a banner for it several hours ago and we will also be adding other banners.

I hope you will do whatever it takes to allow your affiliates to communicate with your affiliate dept.

Affiliate Manager Faith@Expedia's Avatar
    Hello Snowman-

Emails should continue to be sent to eap@expedia.com. There are multiple people who see the emails there and can respond to them, so it normally should be the quickest way to get an answer to a question.

I have included my phone number in my profile so that people who want to introduce themselves to me personally (not a fan of social networks & anonymous posting) has that opportunity. I can't guarantee I can answer all questions, but if can't, I will try to find someone who can.

Faith

I have met Faith at the last two Affiliate Summits. She is a great person and my impression is that she really cares about doing a good job for Expedia affiliates. If you don't get a speedy response to email - do look at Faith's ABW profile for the phone number and give her a call.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thumbs up
    I'm impressed by your customer service, Faith! Your boss should be proud to have you on board

ABW Ambassador
    I spoke with Faith this morning and I enjoyed speaking with her. After our call, I sent her 3 emails, each from a different domain email address. She did not receive the one from the email address I used for my correspondence to eap@expedia.com but she did receive the other two. This confirms there is a spam filtering issue.

I learned something in our call that was very interesting. Despite the fact that the contact on Expedia's Advertiser Detail says Ryan Muzzy at eap@expedia.com, Ryan is a CJ employee, not an Expedia employee. Faith said that all emails to eap@expedia.com are accessed both by Ryan at CJ and Expedia's employees. So even when the contact email is listed with the merchant domain, it may be CJ who is actually getting the email.

I also got answers from Faith to both of the issues I had previously emailed about that were never received.

Nicki, thanks so much for your part in getting this issue resolved.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread