private product reviews?
    I have been working on my ebook for a week now, as i have never done anything like this before I was hoping to get the draft of my book reviewed by someone with a lot more experience in this area. Of course I will give them a free copy of the final product.

Is this something that people do or am I just asking for trouble?

I really don't want to finish my book, sell a few copies and get complaints about it for what ever reason. I know the content is good but what if the layout is wrong or the presentation.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    So your ebook is targeted to merchants but you are a newbie here?

Thats true I'm new to online marketing but I have been working for the largest marketing company in the US since I graduated high school. I am just sick of being on the road 9 months out of the year. Thats why I am trying to write a ebook that will educate people to do what I have done for the past few years and be very successful.

And no my book is not targeted to merchants, it is meant for any one that wants to open there eyes to what I have to teach then from the 8 years of experience I have in marketing.

Alright, you've made the plug, got the hook now set it! What is the largetst marketing company in the US and what did you do for them for 8 years that kept you on the road for 9 months out of the year?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I hope that you take greater care with grammmar, syntax, and punctuation when writing your ebook than you have with your above postings.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I was marketing student credit cards for Elite Marketing Group, and yes I will make sure my ebook has correct grammar, syntax, and punctuation.

So in marketing student credit cards you traveled for nine months? How did you market them?

we would do on and off campus promotions along with drive to web campaigns. you would be surprised how easy it is to pull in 50 - 300 applications a day depending on the kind of promotion you are doing.

So you were the guy standing outside the student union with an app on a clipboard, yelling "get a free t-shirt" if you fill out the app?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

thats how it started in 2000 but it has changed a lot in the last 8 years. if you try that these days you may get 5 applications before the campus cops kick you off campus and besides would you feel safe giving your information to a guy doing that.

I focus more on having the students apply online, that way I'm sure to get quality leads and I can just sit at home and not spend time traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by munky
    thats how it started in 2000 but it has changed a lot in the last 8 years. if you try that these days you may get 5 applications before the campus cops kick you off campus and besides would you feel safe giving your information to a guy doing that.
    Funny, I would have thought you woud have asked for and received permission from the university before engaging in such an activity. And, no, even way back when I was an undergrad (1967-1971), I never did take the t-shrit and turn over my personal info to these guys. But I do remember groups of guys hawking Amex cards in certain campus locations for a week or so at a time, and they must have had permission from the school.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; April 27th, 2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

even with permission back then it just took one student to complain and you were asked to go. many schools these days have teamed up with banks to provide a credit card with the school logo on it they often have tables setup year round in the student union.

i doubt it was Amex that you saw at your school as Amex is not really a credit card i believe its more of a charge card but i could be wrong. the main cards marketed to students are citi, chase, us bank, discover there are also few other smaller banks.

i have found a few ways to market credit cards at any college in the us and not have to leave home to do it. thats what my ebook is about it will be a nice easy blue print to follow. i will also include how cards are marketed on campus, but i think 99% will find value in how it can be done from home online.
    Last edited by munky; April 27th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

It definitely was American Express because that is the one credit card I have never had, and as my undergrad and grad student years progressed, I felt I could have really used that card.

What in the world is the difference between a "charge card" and a "credit card"?

a charge cards balance must be paid in full each month and a credit card as you know just requires a minimum payment of the portion that was charged to the card.

if i have been misinformed let me know

I just took a quick look at the American Express site, and could find no reference to "charge" card, but in several places their cards were referred to as "credit" cards.

I also looked through the American Express section on my credit site, and in the "approved" text provided by AmEx for their card offers, there is no reference anywhere to "charge" cards, but several refer to "credit" card offers.

Amex dose offer credit and charge cards just do a google search. here is a link that explains more about them. i was under the impression that they only offered charge cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_card

So now that we know what your ebook is about, are you offering chapters here? Are you giving away the initial copies like a Seth Godin to create a buzz? Do you intend to use one of the three foot long pitch pages we see from the get rich quick crowd?

I dont think a real long pitch page would work so well for me as Im not trying to sell a get rich quick product. I do plan on giving away a few copies of the book in the next week, to get some input from people.

Good answer, we see garbage like that around here all the time. Send some samples this way and I will check it out and give you my opinion. chamrick@affiliatecrew.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread