If anybody here used the advanced redirect option on Global Sports links your getting ripped off and they openly admit it.. CJ knows about it, but doesn't bother to tell us affiliates. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I went thousands of clicks without generating a sale. Here is some of the correspondence between me and CJ, and Global Sports.

RESPONSE FROM LETTER I SENT TO CJ (TWO WEEKS AGO!):::

Hello Jeff !

You are correct... GSI should not be allowing the URL Redirect functionality on their links, and someone here is working with them to get a work-around put into place.

For the time being, please do not use the redirection functionality.
    If you do need to link to specific pages/items, please contact GSI directly, as they should be able to provide you with the data needed to track.

Thanks !

I then copy/pasted CJ's response and sent it to Global Sports and here is their response

GLOBAL SPORTS RESPONSE(Gijoes, sportchalet, dunhams, etc...):

Jeff,

Thank you for sending this email to me. We are well aware of the issue and it is priority one right now to get it settled.

I personally dont get involved in the blame game. However, CJ telling you that GSI should not be allowing the URL Redirect functionality on our links is incorrect. This is a matter of CJ''s technology working with our linking structure.

We have been looking into this matter since your first email and are just now one phone call away from fixing things permenantly. Please look shortly for a resolution to this matter.
    -----
    Well, that was about 10 days ago. Just one phone call away from fixing the problem??.. I guess they'll fix it right after the Christmas season [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I can't stand Global Sports, but I haven't found another merchant to get the particular products that I'm selling. If I don't use the redirect option the products are out of stock within days.. GRRRRR, I guess I'm going to finally face reality and start the long process of replacing hundreds of links. UGH.... I just want to let fellow affiliates using the redirect option that they are getting screwed by them just like me.

Just so that everybody knows who falls under the global sports umbrella: (As I understand it)

Bally Total Fitness
    BLADES Board & Skate
    City Sports
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    Dunham's Sports
    Fogdog Sports
    Gart Sports
    G.I. Joe's
    MC Sports
    Modell's Sporting Goods
    Olympia Sports
    ProGolf.com
    Sport Chalet
    SportsLine.com
    The Sports Authority

I am using dickssportinggoods.com with linkshare after reading this I checked my linkshare links and sure enough it seems the same thing is happening there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

If Amazon ever starts offering sporting goods, look out GSI.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    THEY DO...

It's not a huge selection by any means, but I did get results upon searching Amazon for "sporting goods" through Amazon's own on-site search box.

Results include a snowboard, some sleds, earmuffs, snowshoes, and a couple of pool things. There are more but that's as much looking as I did.

Not enough for a full-fledged sports site but there are enough items to replace at least *some* links...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The worst part is when sale did get through from one of the merchants you listed it was reversed in exactly five days for invalid credit card. This covers several sales and commisions of well over $200. I have DROPPED ALL OF THEM.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

Thanks, Leader. I'll check it out.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToughTurkey:
    Just so that everybody knows who falls under the global sports umbrella: (As I understand it)

BLADES Board & Skate

well that explains why i send 2000 plus and got no sales.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread