Heads Up: July 2008 Performics Client Summit Changed
    For anyone who has already their booked travel or were planning on doing it soon, take note...

I got an email from Performics yesterday that they're changing their Performics Client Summit that was scheduled from 7/28/08 - 7/29/08. Instead of being a split Search/Affiliate summit like before, they're changing this one to be just a Search Summit and they'll reschedule the Affiliate Summit later.

I had already made my reservations earlier this month (some great deals - air and 4 nights for $500, but all non-refundable - ARGH!), so I need to decide if I should go ahead with the trip or just be out the money. Anyone else in the same situation considering going anyway?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Michael, any update on this?

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Below is the communication sent on 4.25.08. At this time, there is no update.

In conjunction with the integration of DoubleClick Performics' Affiliate operations into Google, DoubleClick Performics' Search and Affiliate operations are separating and the Search business is being spun-off. This summer's DoubleClick Performics' Client Summit (July 28-29), will be held as scheduled. But the Client Summit will be hosted by the DoubleClick Performics Search team and focus on Search marketing and related topics. The Affiliate team will schedule an alternate event for some time later this year.

We recognize the importance of providing a venue for advertiser and publisher interaction and are working with our new colleagues at Google to find the best opportunities. We are committed to hosting an event for our affiliate clients and publishers in 2008 and further details are forthcoming.

We apologize for the inconvenience and any confusion this change of plans may cause.

Stay tuned for more information.

Best regards,
    Your DoubleClick Performics Affiliate Team

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Michael, any update on this?
    For me personally? I'll still be taking the trip to Chicago, and will be meeting up with varioius merchants and one of the other networks. My time in Chicago is mostly booked up now, and I think it'll be just as productive of a trip as if I had gone to the Performics Client Summit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread