Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Why don't we like Clickbank?
    I had an idea for a site a few days ago but the product to go with it is only sold through Clickbank. I know that I have heard a lot of bad things about them but I haven't done much with them myself.

I was curious why some folks seem to love them and some people hate them.

Thanks for your opinions.

Because most of the stuff for sale on Click Bank is information that can be found for FREE elsewhere. Most of the stuff is written in an eBook format that has a get rich quick scheme tone to it. And Most of the stuff is just an out right LIE. So good products have a difficult time distinguishing themselves from all the fraudulent and irreputable ones.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I use them for some things not found anywhere else.

I don't like not knowing how many clicks I'm sending, etc and their reports are negligible. Otherwise, if you need one of their products, go for it. I do see sales every now and then, so they're not completely awful. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    There is good and bad in everything. No one network or person is going to be perfect, although some are worse than others. If you have a good idea with a clean product / service and they are the only source that has the product you need, give it a go and see how it works out. Barring a parasite laden network, learning by experience with your own products is a good thing.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Try it before you sell it probably applies to clickbank more than other networks.

I've only bought one product from them and it was well worth the money. And then again they list stuff for suckers like surefire lotto winning systems, run your car on water, etc.

I am a new affiliate marketer and started by using ClickBank, but I'm now trying to move into more sources including Commission Junction and an independent affiliate program. And I'm still looking.

I'm trying to find the best products for my current (and only - so far) niche.

The two ClickBank products on my website fit my niche very well and will stay on my site until I find something better to replace them.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I use them for some things not found anywhere else.

I don't like not knowing how many clicks I'm sending, etc and their reports are negligible. Otherwise, if you need one of their products, go for it. I do see sales every now and then, so they're not completely awful. :-)
    Did you know they have tracking analytics now? Click on reporting and than analytics and the clicks are broken down by tracking code. You will need to append your links by adding ?tid=yourcode at the end, however to make use of this.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I'm new with Clickbank, but had the impression that their reporting was sufficient for the purpose.

You can track hops by ID, by the merchant etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DougNY
    I am a new affiliate marketer and started by using ClickBank, but I'm now trying to move into more sources including Commission Junction and an independent affiliate program. And I'm still looking.

I'm trying to find the best products for my current (and only - so far) niche.

The two ClickBank products on my website fit my niche very well and will stay on my site until I find something better to replace them.
    I just thought I would revisit this thread. The first site I set up has both clickbank and commission junction products. It's still early and doesn't get too much traffic yet, but I've had several sales with the commission junction products and nothing from the clickbank products . I'm going to keep them on for awhile and see how things go, but I am going to add four more cj merchant products later today.

Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    Because most of the stuff for sale on Click Bank is information that can be found for FREE elsewhere. Most of the stuff is written in an eBook format that has a get rich quick scheme tone to it. And Most of the stuff is just an out right LIE. So good products have a difficult time distinguishing themselves from all the fraudulent and irreputable ones.
    Wow!

Surely that has to be a generalisation at best.

I have several very reputable associates who produce products themselves, and sell others as an affiliate, who swear by Clickbank.

And I've promoted several extremely valuable products from them myself.

Are you able to back up what you say by empirical evidence?

That would be far more helpful to others than the, I feel, broad statement you've made.

Thanks

AllanJames

About Click Bank
    Hello,,,,

Basically if you want to be an affiliate for any website, you need to check for those websites and should register into them. Here the advantages from click bank are, You can find all the product details and even you can track each product details in your account. But one thing you need to do is to share the commission with the click bank.

Thanks,,,,
    Connel.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanJames
    Wow!

Surely that has to be a generalisation at best.

I have several very reputable associates who produce products themselves, and sell others as an affiliate, who swear by Clickbank.

That would be far more helpful to others than the, I feel, broad statement you've made.

Thanks

AllanJames

Hmm... clickbank fan, forum spammer, blogspot spammer, spammer... yep. Thanks for providing an example of why people don't like clickbank.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanJames

Hello AllenJames,

There are 40,000 plus members here at ABW that CAN provide "empirical eveidence" that my statements hold true. Re-read what I said and perhaps next time you will see the use of the word MOST which will still allow room for the FEW legit CB offers.

Pretty obvious 3rd post don't you think?
    Last edited by IOWNIE; June 9th, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

Hello AllenJames,

There are 40,000 plus members here at ABW that CAN provide "empirical eveidence" that my statements hold true. Re-read what I said and perhaps next time you will see the use of the word MOST which will still allow room for the FEW legit CB offers.

Pretty obvious 3rd post don't you think?
    Heh, heh, heh. You should have seen his first post. Spamalama.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I think we need to assign an "Off To A Bad Start" tag to replace the Newbie tag for people who behave like jerks.

I like clickbank...I'm surprised to hear there are people who hate clickbank

I've promoted a few clickbank offers with no success. I don't care for alot of the products I've looked at have ordered some myself to see what they offer. I wouldn't feel comfortable offering most of the products I've seen to my customers.
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

I used to use clickbank for a e-book product on an old site of mine. It may have been something users could find "elsewhere for free" (as someone above put it)...but call it a convenience fee...and people were willing to pay it. I did get the occasional call from unhappy customers - people who bought the e-book and weren't pleased (and for some reason thought that I could help them), but overall I think it was a reasonably solid product.

The reason I mention this is because it's not clickbank that's going to dictate the success of your program as much as it is the product you're promoting. I found clickbank to pretty reliable with payments.

The minimal reporting that clickbank offers is a drawback (makes CPC metrics difficult (impossible?) to get), but you can measure the performance of your clickbank offers in CPM by tracking your own site statistics.

I'd use them again.

Hello AllenJames,

You are quite right, it was badly worded, and I retract with apologies.

I must have been in a grumpy (or at least thoughtless) mood that morning :-(

I was actually trying to get specific information to see if I needed to review my use of Clickbank, however the continuation of the thread is providing it.

Thanks for giving me a 'kick in the butt'

i like clickbank, it is a great market for you to sell your niche products

I like clickbank too.

Clickbank is another revenue stream and helps pay my bills each month, and in the grand scheme of things, what is in your bank account, and how it got there, should tell anyone if what they are doing works.

Everyone can have a negative view of anything if they want, it's not hard to do and definitely a human trait...we hate to see others succeed and when we do most will put the person/company/issue- succeeding down.

Most websites package information and earn revenues from it, be it an e-book, a pdf download, or a site full of content and running contextual advertising as well as display ads.

Where clickbank sinned is beyond me....they simply handle billing & merchant services for publishers.....if anyone is to blame for poor content /over zealous sales hype / get rich quick ideas... it is the publisher.

Clickbank is nothing but a bunch of ebook selling schemes. It made it's own fate when it focused solely on those types of products that most other networks would never have allowed.

Yes, you can make money with clickbank but you will feel greasy afterwards and need a shower.

I would say clickbank is great.

If it sells then I keep selling it. If it doesn't then I switch to something else. Clickbank has given me extra spending money for about 5 years. I'm not complaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast