Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have found 4 more different websites copying mine!! I just found another one, who copied multible pages, EXACTLY!! They didn't even TRY to make it look different.

AND I think this person is an ABW member.

mY SITES ARE NOT THAT HOT, SO i have no idea why this keeps happening!

If anyone would please take a look at my site and theirs, just in case there's a problem please pm me. Its an older site, so I think there might be problems.

and if anyone here owns xxxxxxx.com
    PLEASE take my stuff off your site

[Edited to protect evidence]

[This message was edited by BLFH (Ms. B) on August 14, 2003 at 02:29 PM.]

I've found the site you are referring to but I get zero google results when I take any of the unique text from that page. Do you mean they coppied the layout and images or the text on the pages?

They copied every single page of mine, changed the affiliate codes to their own. All my product pages. their site.com/baby is EXACTLY the same as mysite.com/baby/

and my electronics, and my clothing, and flowers, etc.

This is unreal.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Lola,

If you think an ABW member may have copied your site, please pm the details to Haiko for investigation.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    The site actually has links to a different site that Lola also owns, so that should be good proof that it is them that are copying, and not Lola

[Edited to protect evidence]

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

[This message was edited by BLFH (Ms. B) on August 14, 2003 at 02:30 PM.]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The issue is being addressed. At this time, please no more posts indicating the site or owner.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Once this is sorted out, maybe something can be posted that tells everyone what they should do if this happens to them?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Email google the URLs, I found someone using my pages for their search results but when the link was clicked on they all redirected to amazon. Google removed th epages I sent to them.

ABW Ambassador
    how exactly do you guys find out about this sort of theft? I assume it's by checking logs or doing searches on keywords you use, or content in your sites...
    I'm actually finishing up a site for someone now, based on one of my designs. He's an AM who really liked one of my designs and saw that I provide design services, so he contacted me and asked if I could build him a site using my design. I agreed to do it, but only if I could alter in such a way that it would not/could not be confused with mine...and made sure it wouldn't compete w/ mine...
    ...but I've never found anyone blatantly ripping off one of my designs (images yes, but they were advertising for me)...I think I'd be flattered, but would, of course, have to take action.
    So, how do you find these copy cats?
    Thanks

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, how do you find these copy cats?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my case by being informed by the good members of ABW

Mad Doctor Gfufy

I found this one when checking my serps, I saw the result ABOVE mine had the same title, so I checked. Then saw it was exactly the same as mine.

The other times I caught them beause they used my css or images files. Found them in my logs. I've also had times when someone copied my site and forgot to change the affiliate links, and made me a few bucks

I'm not flattered at all. My sites are all my own ideas, my own work(hard work) and it really upsets me that people can be that disrespectful.

It doesn't matter if copiers copy all or just content from a site, they are all scum, I have a content based site and I've had original content copied, plus keywords as I rank well from my niche. Scum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> they are all scum <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or lazy disrespectful bums.

There should be some kind of "registry" where webmasters that copy are listed. and Tattoo a BIG C on their foreheads

I prefer the word SCUM

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    There should be some kind of "registry" where webmasters that copy are listed. and Tattoo a BIG C on their foreheads
    - - - - -

There you go, a new idea for a content site, Lola! www.sitecopiers.com or some such. Webmasters would go there for hints on how to track copiers, and, well, copiers would go there to see if they are on 'the list'

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    There you go, a new idea for a content site, Lola! http://www.sitecopiers.com or some such. Webmasters would go there for hints on how to track copiers, and, well, copiers would go there to see if they are on 'the list'
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And on this site you would sell website replicators to earn money. Can't think of a better target audience

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

After some closer looking, they are linking directly to my images!!

http://lolascopiedsite.com/images/slant.gif

I also emailed google, and their web host. and them. and mondera, going to do more tonight.

Ya, I agree, scum is more fitting.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I prefer the word SCUM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...I prefer it also.

We've had several instances of people copying things from our sites...from tutorials to our TOS to the exact package offerings we have. This is one of the reasons why many of our tutorials are now flash (and our clients seem to really like the flash tutorials).

I either found them in our logs or through searches.

One thing that continues to get me about this is who did it (if it is a member..I have no info on that). For those of you who have been ABW members for awhile may recall whats happened in the past to ABW members who have copied sites. Anywhere from a well deserved public flogging to being dropped from the networks/affiliate programs because of it.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

I have no proof it is an abw memeber, but the site is a well put together affiliate site(like most of all ours here) and just has that "feeling". Unless of course they copied all that from me too.

I just emailed his isp, and a few more merchants he/we use. If I had the spare time I'd drive down to ca, and kick his butt *bikerchick icon*

ABW Ambassador
    Lola,
    For you or anyone who may have this issue down the road....take a moment and educate yourself on the
    'Digital Millennium Copyright Act'.

This is of particular importance when you notify the web host about it. Should they ignore you, or refuse to do anything about it, they open themselves up to to legal action by you. Many hosts do not realize the importance of this. It specifically outlines what a host does and doesn't do.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>After some closer looking, they are linking directly to my images!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That just makes it worse.
    Hotlinkers and site copiers are worse than spammers in my book.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

Scum is to mildly for this people!
    Sorry to hear about your prob. Lola.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If I had the spare time I'd drive down to ca, and kick his butt *bikerchick icon* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want I'll ride with you, if you own another HD Or MG and I will help you kick some buttocks!

Those people don't know how to be creative on their own should be ban from internet!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lola:
    After some closer looking, they are linking directly to my images!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they are stupid enough to do this, I'd try the following:

- Rename image "a", to image "b"
    - Change your code to reflect the change.
    - Make a new image named image "a" consisting of text that says something like: "All content and code on this site has been stolen!"

Even using a simple program like "Paint" this would only take a couple of minutes. Good luck. Go get 'em!

Wayne

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Lola, if he is pulling pictures from your site, maybe you need to make a few, ummmmm, changes to the pics.

And of course, add, "I COPIED THIS SITE, I AM A SCUMBAG" to the, ummm, pics as well.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Since the picture is on the right hand corner of a table on almost every page(1700 html pages) its gonna be tricky. Guess I was stupid to do it that way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast