Boy, I get so tired of these MLM spams promising to give a $5,000 pay check every week for investing $$$? and just minutes a day. Will they ever stop and do people actually go for the line?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    That's why ABW doesn't allow any promotion hinting at MLM on this board. Most affiliates realize they have to work to earn any real money.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

True Mike and Charlie! takes a lot of effort, but it pays well if you put some effort in it.

ABW Ambassador
    It takes a lot of effort upfront, then you quit your job and cruise along.

I was just at "another" board, where a newbie MLM'r was asking where you "...get the best lists from." Someone jumped right in and had several suggestions for places that he "trusted." Many over at that board apparently like the idea of commerce at any cost.

So here we go with another MLM'r (Cognigen in this case) about to layout some money for a clean, and presumably guilt-free list. I just posted and asked if I could go ahead and "opt-out" of his list right now before he gets started.

Never ceases to amaze...

Fred

You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

Not everyone in Cognigen looks at it as an MLM opp. I have been with them almost two years. I use it as an affiliate program and nothing more. I do very well with it and market only through the engines. So, while I agree, Cognigen does have some hard core MLM'ers - not all of them are. A LOT of those with them work Cognigen as an affiliate program with very good success, including myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> $5,000 pay check every week <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only $5,000 per week? phhht - amateurs.

My point was not to disparage Cognigen, I am an agent too and I know many here at ABW are as well. We just don't mention it openly I guess.

My point was the SPAM conversation there, and folks that were all excited by the opportunity to use an email list to build business - just not my style.

Fred

You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

Hmmm Yup FWIW I am a Cognigen agent and have been since 1999. I also run a Cog BBS by invitation and no-one there are spammers. FWIW I also lived off my Cog income for 18 months.

"It doesn't do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near him!"

ABW Ambassador
    COGNIGEN NETWORKS, INC. INDEPENDENT REPRESENTATIVE AGREEMENT TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES

5.2. Slamming or Spamming NO Tolerance Policy. It is acknowledged by the I- Representative that the Company prohibits and shall not tolerate any occurrence of Slamming or Spamming. Upon each and every occasion that the I-Representative endorses or negotiates the monthly compensation checks issued and delivered to the I-Representative by the Company, each I-Representative reaffirms that the I-Representative shall not engage in or facilitate any form of slamming or spamming in any way with any customers or potential customer of the Company or any of the Company Providers. The Company will take all action necessary to protect the Company customers against Slamming or Spamming, including, but without limitation, termination of the I-Representative. The Company prohibits the I- Representative from using any of the Company's Proprietary Information, Proprietary Materials and Licensed Materials on or through any automatic calling devises, "broiler room" operations or any other form or unsolicited advertising to generate prospective customers or for sponsoring new I-Representatives.

Death to the spammers

Adam, I like your sig. "Death to the spammers"

I would go just one step further "Slow Death to the spammers"

Did you look at the other thing we talked about?

Fred

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm sure if you dig deep enough you'll find some legit folks pushing MLM on the internet. For the most part MLMers are by nature willing to slam & Spam to reach a wider audience hoping to Gillnet some fresh fish.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread