View Poll Results: What do you think of the ShareASale site redesign?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it a lot! Keep it!

37 52.11%
  • Ok - there were some improvements...medium.

28 39.44%
  • Don't really like it, no improvement...

2 2.82%
  • I can't stand it, please put the other one back!

4 5.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    ShareASale's New Site - Poll
    As Trust pointed out in the previous thread (feel free to merge these if you like, I wanted to get one with a Poll), we released a new version of the external site late last night. Our goal was to provide a cleaner look and a more streamlined way for affiliates and merchants to login on a daily basis, while still maintaining security, etc...

So, if you're up for providing some quick feedback this poll will help us at least know that we've not made some critical error.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I like it Brian, but I'd rather vote after at least a few days of use. I didn't have any problems with it before, don't expect any now and the appearance is better, cleaner looking now.

I think it's sharp, Brian and co.

Of course, from our perspective, we spend 1% of our time on that page, and 99% inside, so you could probably put dancing pink elephants on the front and keep me happy.

If you could make the Affiliate and Merchant tabs in the top right a hair bigger, it might be helpful. I found them, obviously, but a new visitor might have a hair of trouble. I think it was because I was interested in reading the testimonial, so it drew my eyes away from that corner, so others mileage might vary.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Looks good -- after I finally found what everyone was talking about. I have the "Premier Login" page bookmarked and just automatically log in through that bookmarked link.

When I do that, I don't even see the new site design.

So my question would be -- what's the point if it's only going to be the login pages that get changed? Can we assume the "new look" will spread sitewide if you get a good response?

Because as far as it goes so far, the new look is sort of refreshing and certainly different than before.
    Generate more fake news.

Clean and attractive. I definitely noticed the upgrade when I first logged in this morning.

I haven't done anything different and I, too, never had any problems with the SAS interface so can't really comment on security issues. But, I certainly didn't come across any critical error.

I do like the random testimonials - adds a nice touch.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    It's a nice clean look. I like it. Agree with Noth that the login buttons should be bigger or stand out a little more.

Bob

Outsourced Program Manager
    I love the new layout. ShareASale is an awesome network and I think the new design will help new comers to ShareASale have a better first impression... visually anyways

I agree w/ the comment about the login buttons... took me a minute to find it.

ABW Ambassador
    The flash banner is way too big. At first I thought I was on AffiliateSummit' homepage .

Other than that, the new page looks alright, although I've never had problems with the old login page...

Looks nice Agree with others, has a lot more info and seems easier to find for anybody visiting to find out more about ya.

Not complainin but I was one of those who always would have trouble loggin in using mozilla (worked ok on ie, but spend more time on mozilla only would use ya on ie if I didn't have much patience that day.)

You're still loggin me out but so far seems like you're lettin me back in much faster now.

very nice

I only saw one page this morning because of the way I have it bookmarked and I loved it - clean and better colors. After I saw this thread, I went back and looked around more and I still like it over the old, but the big thing I didn't like about the old was the brown color.

I'm not sure what I think about the big banner(s). It's not the size - it's the taglines - they're just not quite right yet.

Thanks for twittering and pointing me to this thread.

Overall the design is pretty, it's clean, good look. Conveys the Shareasale brand well. But, it has the look of just being designed at the moment, not developed. There's a huge difference, usability wise.

The one thing I'm finding quite annoying at the moment is the login box.. it's not all above the fold in Firefox with the Google Toolbar.

There's that "two login box" bug which looks like a simple 2-sec Javascript fix.

I'm not overly keen on the mahoosive testimonial banners. Like somebody up above said - at first you think you've come to the AS website, Fat Wallet etc. It's too big, too tall. If they were half the size it would bring everything above the fold so much more and would not be intrusive on the SAS brand.

The other thing is the clumsy footer, all that white text, and the carbonfund image. The white is hard to read and the image looks out of place. That would be better placed on an about us page.

I would also like to see some breadcrumbs to help navigation. It's very image based at the moment with very little links that draw my attention.

When clicking Sign Up on the Merchant side I think some of what you have on More Info should also be on that page. I was drawn more to click the Sign Up button because it's a better call to action. When clicking through to that page there is no mention of prices. One of the biggest selling points about SAS is the price for a small to medium sized business, so I'd hate for you to lose conversions without showing these details on the Sign Up page. Definately include a link back to the More Info page, without the user having to click back to the homepage.

Hope that's of some help. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see this migrate to the inside.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Long overdue, looks great, back into the 21st Century.

When will the rest of the interface be done?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Looks nice.

A thought, like you have for the merchant ad "Check this box to join this program immediately upon login..." you could add under the login:
    Check this box to go to go to "xyz page" upon login
    where xyz page would be Activity Details, Activity Summary and/or Today's Stats

I am sure not everyone would wait for the home page to load before moving on to their desired page...

Best wishes
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

Roboform no longer works and it is a hassle to log in. User friendly is more important than the look. imho

Front page is fine for what it does. Like most members, I see it for two seconds. The big rotating banner of testimonials is a bit much.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by jkane
    Roboform no longer works and it is a hassle to log in. User friendly is more important than the look. imho
    Agreed. Now I google "shareasale" Affiliate page pops up as an option and I click on it. It remembers my UN and PW, "just the the old days". No hassle at all!

Who needs Roboform with FireFox? It logs me in just fine. If you haven't set it up yet just click on 'Tools' > Options > Security > and click 'Remember Passwords'. You can set it to use a master password. Worst case scenario is sometimes I need to double click the blank space for a login. The password scenario does seem to change from day to day at SAS though - one day it's automatic, next day you need to double click.

Our goal was to provide a cleaner look and a more streamlined way for affiliates and merchants to login on a daily basis...
    Login is actually more of a pain now. The form no longer auto-fills and you have to actually mouse over and click the button vs. just hitting the enter key. This morning the button took ages to load so I had to mouse around to find where the button was about to appear and click in space. Always nice to have a fresh new look, but the login issue has been bugging me.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    Same here, still not working right with my Roboform.

I only noticed one thing and that is when doing a merchant log in. Normally after entering the username and password I just hit enter and it proceeds to the next page. Now you have to actually do a mouse click on the Login button for it to do it.

However, it should be noted, that if you enter the wrong username or password, the page that comes up asking you to enter it again....well, hitting the enter key works on that one.

Minor glitch, but it gets me every time.

Love the look - nice job!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I'm not sure what to think. The new login box only fills about 1/2 of the screen. If a person is totally blind, they might still not be able to read it.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I could really care less what the log in page looks like. I am there for 2 seconds. I would rather see time spent on cleaning out dead merchants. Clean up the content inside, not the look of the log in page

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    I'm with Connie in that we are only there for a couple of seconds. It's a good start though. I look forward to seeing the next upgrade internally.

Keep it coming Brian and team!

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    The only change I see is the login page. I don't see much else changed. Maybe that's just me, though.

ABW Ambassador
    Did anything else change other than the home page / login page design (which BTW is nice looking)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast