ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare Reporting in GMT
    It has always been very problematic to me that Linkshare has always reported in Greenwich Mean Time. While this is likely welcome to European publishers, I suspect the vast majority of publishers are North American based and the vast majority of sales are generated by customers in North America.

Linkshare is a U.S. based company. Their reporting should be based on Eastern time where they are located. Due to the 5-6 hour time difference (depending on the time of the year) between me and GMT, I cannot run what I feel is an accurate daily report. If I want to compare a particular day to any other particular day, I can't because my traffic is overwhelmingly U.S. based so if I run a daily report, it's based on GMT, which for 5-6 hours every day is a different day than where I am.

Does this cause problems for anyone else?

Yes. I would prefer to see tracking and reporting based on a U.S. timezone.

Does this cause problems for anyone else?
    Yes. Awkward and inconvenient, but workable.

I could care less about the reporting being shifted by 6 hours, but when links expire 5-9 hours early, it's a real pain. Even if a promotion runs until midnight PST, the link switches to a homepage link at midnight GMT.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I could care less about the reporting being shifted by 6 hours, but when links expire 5-9 hours early, it's a real pain. Even if a promotion runs until midnight PST, the link switches to a homepage link at midnight GMT.
    I wonder if there is a workaround to that because Overstock's coupon links with expiration dates seem to expire at midnight MDT which is their time zone. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow night since it's the last day of the month.

Oh, I bet that's because Overstock's links are on Overstock's server, not Linkshare's server. Is that it?

Overstock works around it because they have their promotional links always active and going to a redirect on their site. The redirect goes to their current coupon promotion.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread