Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    ecommerce solution/host
    Hello!

Anyone have a suggestions for a ecommerce driven host? I'm looking to get a client of a simple shopping cart that uses just paypal for order processing. I thought about oscommerce but never used it before. A nice host that has a built in shopping cart as part of the service would be ideal.

thanks!

Yahoo! store is not bad.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

try e-junkie.com (really!)

Yahoo store is about as simple as it gets. There's some pretty large stores that have grown up over there....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks for the responses. Anyone heard anything good or bad about shopify? I see lots of reviews from when they first launched in 2006.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    try e-junkie.com (really!)
    Sorry to bump an older thread but I was curious about e-junkie. OTProf - can you please explain what they do and how reputable they are? Thanks!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hey Rexanne --

I used e-junkie in helping a neighbor/friend set up an ecommerce ship for a product he manufactures and it is B+OK. It has a very slick cart set up and nice speed through the transactions we tested. For up to 10 products I think the fee is only $5/month and they have a free trial as well. My main gripe was that they overpromised in terms of the built-in set up for Google Analytics & Conversion tracking. If you read the forums, you'll see lots of folks have problems getting it to work. As for reputable, the company seems to have a good reputation and we certainly haven't had any issues beyond the tracking. Hope this helps. Cheers! - OTProf

http and a telephoto
    Zen Cart with some customization is pretty nice. Build in PayPal support that is easy to set up.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm you glad you bumped this thread, I'm still researching a good solution. Shopify is out, I did not like their sales tactic response to my inquiry.

I am considering Volusion.

I'd prefer a solution that works with paypal virtual terminal and keeps customers on my clients site during the entire checkout process (no redirection to paypal).

Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    I'm you glad you bumped this thread, I'm still researching a good solution. Shopify is out, I did not like their sales tactic response to my inquiry.

I am considering Volusion.

I'd prefer a solution that works with paypal virtual terminal and keeps customers on my clients site during the entire checkout process (no redirection to paypal).
    Don, I am with Volusion and have not been happier. Very easy interface, excellent SEO capabilities. Depending on how many products you want, it can get expensive because of their bandwidth charges. I am around $275.00 a month with extra charges on the Platinum program.

I host affiliate images off the Volusion server for this reason.

Excellent service when you need them.

Call me if you want more info.

Allen
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    I'm pretty sure that with PayPal Pro the customer stays on your site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Hey Rexanne --

I used e-junkie in helping a neighbor/friend set up an ecommerce ship for a product he manufactures and it is B+OK. As for reputable, the company seems to have a good reputation and we certainly haven't had any issues beyond the tracking. Hope this helps. Cheers! - OTProf
    Thank you Prof!

This isn't for me, I came across it through a new merchant I will be working with - they are using it and I'd never seen it before.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks for the Volusion endorsement Allen. My client has one product with 7 or 8 variations. (I'm way out of my element, it's a product for women, hahahaha)

I think it was Volusion that did not charge a percentage of each sale, unlike Yahoo. I'm trying to convince the site owner to start an affiliate program, but we're taking baby steps.

Welcome!

If your friend has a Mac, the easiest option I know of is to get the web program called Rapidweaver ($25-35 I think) and then buy the PayLoom plug in ($20 I think). This combo makes ecommerce pages set up w/very snazzy templates & PayPal pages a snap. Here's an example of a page that I made in a few minutes:

http://www.koolbak.com/MotorcycleBel...cycleBelt.html

The site has been redone w/Google checkout (still using Rapidweaver), but this pages still exists w/the Payloom setup

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Zen Cart with some customization is pretty nice. Build in PayPal support that is easy to set up.
    I second Zen Cart. It's fairly easy to setup, includes a lot of neat features, and there's tons of add-on modules available created by it's loyal community of users/developers. Best of all it's free/open source.

Well Volusion's sales staff disappoints, very condescending tone to the answers to my questions.

The search continues.

As an alternative to yahoo, you could consider `prostores' which is a hosting/software solution in a similar vein to volusion and core-commerce, but better value IMO.

I've also had a peek at Viart shop recently; its a very good solution too, but perhaps too `big' for your customer.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread