Affiliate Manager
    Jewels of Denial Closing Program
    Hi All,

I'm sorry to say that we have decided to close our affiliate program here on SAS. Chris with AMWSO has posted a separate link here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=104625

We had high hopes when we launched this program almost a year ago, and even hired an OPM later in the effort to try to drum up additional interest and attract new affiliates.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Seems about the only thing we DID attract were leeches looking to use keywords from our domain to refer customers to us. And all that did was refer us our existing customers. That was a wasted effort!

We added new banners, newletters, sent emails, etc. all with little to no results. I realize the economy is less than stellar at this time, but it doesn't make sense for us to keeping paying for an OPM when there seems to be so little interest here in promoting our brand and products - and we are too busy handling other aspects of the business to take this on ourselves.

While I'd like to blame things on the economy, most of our other marketing efforts are providing much greater returns for us, some are even above our expectations. So it only makes sense for us to sink funds which would have been used here into those programs.

Perhaps at some point in the future we will explore affiliate marketing again, perhaps with another program such as LinkShare. Maybe hitting a different group of affiliates would make a difference for us, I don't know.

I would like to take a quick moment to thank those that did sign-up for our program and promote it in a legitimate way. Those affiliates in our program were few and far between, but I know who you are, and I'm sure there are many others here as well, even if they weren't part of our program.

Here's hoping everyone has a productive remainder of 2008!

Tom

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Tom - Thanks for your explanation for closing the program. I'm not exactly sure what some of your comments are implying but I hated to see it close. I had built new pages to promote some of your more unique items (like the enamel rings). That page is now sitting empty. These pages were just beginning to get indexed and receive traffic. With newly built pages it takes time to be found.

Anyway good luck with your business!
    Last edited by msladybug; April 30th, 2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added comment

Affiliate Manager
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

My comments were just to share what we largely saw while in the SAS program. I'm not sure why it was so difficult to attract "good" affiliates to our program. Perhaps the fashion jewelry market is too saturated here among the active affiliates.

I guess what pains me the most is that our items are so popular with those that hit our site from web searches - especially for the enamels as you mentioned. I just wish the program could have generated more interest to warranty its continuation.

One of life's little mysteries at this point I suppose.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread