Hello. I need your valuable advice
    I am a newby here, and i m very excited i found this forum. I found here in a day valuable information that helped me.
    I would like to tell you what i did so far and maybe you can give me your feedback of what to do next.I m sorry if these points are mentioned before somewhere else on this forum, but this forum is so big, you need a month to read everything, if that is going to be enough.
    I have everything in my mind, the industry that i am going to target and the niche. I also have in my mind how my website is going to look, after reviewing all those sites here...
    I planned my marketing campaign, i also did a very good research gathering emails from potential visitors, finding forums that talk about my subject etc.
    I also found my merchants from cj( i hope they don't reject me)
    Thats all i did so far and believe me it took me a long of time and efforts.
    So now what really stays is to launch my website and start the marketing campaign and i m positive it will go well.
    I don't want to hire a proffesional to do my site. I want to do it all by myself, as that makes me feel that i have the total control.
    My question is,
    Does adobe dreamwork do all the work?(with the help of tutorials of course), or do i need other tools as well? I mean with this tool do you get your website done?i mean layout, template, sections, multisites, updates, etc?
    Or maybe you know something similar to dreamwork that is free on the web?
    I would really appreciate any help

It sounds like you have some solid ideas, and a proper plan in mind, which is a great start.

I actually launched my first site with Adobe Dreamweaver, and it ranks very high for natural SERP. I've expanded since then (that was 2 yrs ago), but that's still my fav site; it's my "jewel" in the crown! Completely original, and very flexible. But it does require more "manual" intervention on a regular basis.

However if you want something free, you should consider the popular CMS apps out there, Joomla, Drupal, Mambo (as for which is better, well, that's something else to research!). It will be a personal decision as to which you feel more comfortable with. Wordpress & other blog apps are free as well.

You may want to read this current thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=104384

In my own experience, your first site will go through many changes as your own skills improve. Start with something you feel comfortable with, which is sometimes just a gut feeling.

And good luck!

teezone, thanks for your reply and advices. Very much appreciated.
    This "feeling" you are talking about tells me to start with adobe dreamweaver, and thats what i m going to do.
    My only obstacle was the price 399 dollars, but since i m serious about i will go with it.
    I will start building the site and will let you know what other problems do i have meanwhile.

The one added benefit to your approach (if you do go with your gut feeling), is that you will learn what goes into designing a website from scratch. It will be tougher at the start, but you'll come away with core knowledge that will help you later (if you choose to use Joomla, for example, you will be able to redesign templates, etc).

The web-based platforms make it pretty easy, so you don't really "have" to learn the inner workings...

Enjoy!

thanks, i already started from this morning, using the adobe website. they have everything you need to start designing your site from the beginning with dreamweaver.
    I especially liked the video tutorials, they are very helpfull.
    Of course its quite difficult and they use some terms that are understandable to me, but i know that i m getting there...

Dreamweaver is a great tool, but I wouldn't suggest depending on it for "everything". You will need to learn how to make changes, to update links, etc. and to manage your overall sites. That information is available here at ABW and it's free. Joomla is free, WordPress is free, Blogger is free, there are many free resources, but if you don't know a lick of HTML you will run into difficulties. Learn the basics first and then you will know when to use a tool like Dreamweaver. There are many horrible sites out there that look just perfect to their creator.
    Just my 2.

hi there 2busy.
    Thanks for joining our little chat.
    I get your point and i understand what your mean. Its clear that in order to build a good site you need a lot of knowledge, and yes i agree with you, thankfully this knowledge can be found here (not only here i would say but everywere on the internet i think, if you know where to go...)
    I remember myself seven years ago i did a project in the university(i studied masters in marketing) about e-commerce and affiliates. I rememeber that it was something relatively new born in the internet, and i also remember that i wrote as a conclusion to my study that e-commerce and affiliates are going to bloom and expand an the following years.
    As i had my job for the past few years i didn't even had the chance to check whats going on with this market.
    Now that i have found time (i without a job at the moment) i see that there is a great chance for affiliate marketing, as more and more companies understand the power of advertising.
    I have alot of ideas about affiliate marketing, targeting groups, how to target the right groups in the internet, but i have no idea on how to built a website. That is why you may see me asking a lot of questions here about web site building, because that is undoubtely one of the most important part of affiliate marketing, the right product the right site.
    Even if you apply the most clever marketing techniques, and achieve the maximum internet optimization, if your site doesn't sell, you simply lost the game.
    Sorry if i sound like a proffesor, i m not
    i m one of you, trying to make money(Big money-because i know that is possible-with hard work)
    lets exchange ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by tattis
    I am a newby here, and i m very excited i found this forum. I found here in a day valuable information that helped me.

I don't want to hire a proffesional to do my site. I want to do it all by myself, as that makes me feel that i have the total control.

My question is,
    Does adobe dreamwork do all the work?(with the help of tutorials of course), or do i need other tools as well? I mean with this tool do you get your website done?i mean layout, template, sections, multisites, updates, etc?
    Or maybe you know something similar to dreamwork that is free on the web?
    I would really appreciate any help
    Hi tattis,

You may want to check this site out: Tizag Tutorials

A Beginner tutorial - For those just starting to learn to make web pages.
    HTML Tutorial - Begin your web designing with a solid background in HTML.
    CSS Tutorial - Check out the latest web design techniques available to you.
    PHP Tutorial - Understand what all the PHP hype is about with our tutorial. Source: http://www.tizag.com/
    And this other site too: Full Web Building Tutorials - All Free

Good advice, Mr. Sal

Also, check out CNET's www.download.com site for free html software
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hello Tattis,

I am by no means a web developer. I have tried a lot of different software over the years to create some side projects of mine. While I prefer and love Dreamweaver now, it is most likely not the program for a quick start up. I like the resources available through wordpress I am actually using it to create a new blog I am developing.

My suggestion is to use one of the other resources suggested by 2busy. When you are able, grab dreamweaver and start playing with it. I think the interface is easy to use both for designing your site and managing your site(s).

I taught myself html and CSS by downloading some of the free templates (i like www.freelayouts.com) out there and seeing how they are constructed. I would then change out graphics and code to see how it would affect the overall site (in Dreamweaver). Make sure you read the license that comes with the templates because there are restrictions regarding publishing. I think you'll be surprised how fast you learn Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the links Mr. Sal for the links...I'm always looking for additional resources!

thanks blaine1tech, Rhia7 and MrSal for joining this thread and for your valuable advice.
    I will have a look at these links today and see whats going on, and let you know about my progress...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread