Newbie Challenge
    Hello friends,

I read a post last week about a guy who was tracking his progress over time and had a goal that he was shooting for. I don't think he made it to his goal before he gave up. At least I think he gave up posting his progress. This gave me an idea for a "Newbie Challenge". What would you other newbies think of having a friendly contest/support-group to track our progress towards a goal? We could find a place to post our progress and results and hopefully we would keep each other motivated to move forward.

Has something like this ever been done on the forum? Do you think it would be worth a try?

Maybe we would set some basic guidelines such as;
    - you must start with a new domain and site (one that has not been built on or used before)
    - you must be a true "newbie" who has not earned more than x dollars from AM
    - the results reporting would be on your honor
    - we would set an end date with checkpoints along the way
    - we would set a total dollar goal or a dollars per month goal
    - no prizes...just bragging rights and pride

We could share our questions, suggestions and basic strategies (without giving away any "secrets") and maybe some of the veterans would coach us a little.

I have been working on concepts for big-time super sites and I'm worried that I will never be "ready" to put any of these sites up. Maybe there are others out there who need a kick-start too? Maybe a little friendly competition and support would help us get something (anything) up on the web and get our feet wet. That first step can be hard (even for someone as cool as I).

So what do you think of superCool's idea? Anybody want to give it a try?

Please let me know your thoughts. superCool will be waiting.

No Longer Banned!
    Newbie Contest. Do I get Flames w/ That ?....
    Hi

I think your idea is excellent. Naturally I have concerns about the potential fire that might erupt.

Despite the guys that have quit, I'm your Huckleberry.

How'd you wanna get started ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Thanks SteveWilliams. You are not exactly the type of newbie that superCool was thinking of, but since nobody else wants to play (yet)Ö..you might do. superCool noticed that you already have a nice looking affiliate site. Would you be willing to start a new project from scratch (or more than one?)? Or were you offering to help coach us? Either way is fine with me. Maybe a ringer or two will really put the pressure on superCool.

Letís give it some time to see if anybody else wants to join up. We have lots of newbies stopping by every day to introduce themselves, but they most not be ready to get started, or they are afraid of us, or they just donít think this would work out (maybe theyíre right). I hope we will get a couple other serious takers. I think it will be fun and motivating.

What type of fire do you think might erupt SteveWilliams? superCool only wants to spread love and cool, no hate. Do you think we can do this and stay happy?

Whats going on cool breeze?

Im in...

My site has only been live for a few weeks... can I use or would you prefer a everything from scratch deal?

It's about time I get couponslut or couponwhore cracking.

superCool likes you couponBastard....and I'd very much like to meet your two lady friends.

You've got a site up already eh? Looks like superCool better get himself cracking.

I wouldn't mind if you use your existing site if it's only been up a few weeks. Or you could try a new one, but you're probably still working on #1 right? We'll have to see how everybody else feels about it .... if there is an everybody else.

superCool plans to surf his way over to couponBastard real soon

later bastard - superCool

just slid over to couponBastard's site - IT ROCKS!! superCool got a big smile from that one. Nice job!!

Now superCool is scared...(did I say that out loud?)

sweet site couponBastard

Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    just slid over to couponBastard's site - IT ROCKS!! superCool got a big smile from that one. Nice job!!

Now superCool is scared...(did I say that out loud?)

sweet site couponBastard
    Thanks a lot cool breeze!

still a lot more work to do!!! A LOT!!!

currently working on adding static text (descriptions) on each merchant page... I should of done this as I added new merchants. Now I have to go back and update 200+ merchants... oh well newb mistake

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread